Issues after new gutters/fascias installed

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently had a full-width dormer loft conversion done at my house (3-bed semi). In addition to this, I asked the loft company to replace the wooden fascias

and soffits (with PVC) to fit new guttering. Soon after this was done I noticed water dripping between the edge tiles and the gutters. This is extremely bad

where there the downpipe from the dormer discharges onto the roof. I contacted the loft company but they did not want to know.

I was then advised by a number of roofing companies that the loft company had capped my existing fascias

(not replaced) and because of this, the tile overhang over the gutter was too little. Now because of capillary action, rainwater is getting between the gutters and

the tiles. I have been advised that the solution is to fit eaves trays all around. I contacted the loft company and have asked them to do this but they are refusing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently had a full-width dormer loft conversion done at my house (3-bed semi). In addition to this, I asked the loft company to replace the wooden fascias

and soffits (with PVC) to fit new guttering. Soon after this was done I noticed water dripping between the edge tiles and the gutters. This is extremely bad

where there the downpipe from the dormer discharges onto the roof. I contacted the loft company but they did not want to know.

I was then advised by a number of roofing companies that the loft company had capped my existing fascias

(not replaced) and because of this, the tile overhang over the gutter was too little. Now because of capillary action, rainwater is getting between the gutters and

the tiles. I have been advised that the solution is to fit eaves trays all around commercial gutters. I contacted the loft company and have asked them to do this but they are refusing.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's way past my skill level. But there is a link at the bottom of the home page to a DIY forum and you could probably get a member there who knows about that stuff. Sorry, wish I could help.

Ask a Question