Is there REALLY no-kink hose out there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's so weird. I was just thinking about whether or not I should try a quick connect fitting 10 minutes ago. And I wasn't even thinking about how it would help with the small nut on the metal hose! You talked me into it. Lol. I need one for my sump pump, too (I water the trees with the duck pool water) Do you know the brand of yours, by chance?
I don't, but they were from either lowe's or hd I believe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here is what I use, believe it or not, these hoses are really great! Maybe others are rougher on theirs, but u have no issues with kinking, and they are easy to store (that's 75 footer hanging there). You can also see the fittings I use. I don't have any issues with leaking on them.
20170525_062458.jpg
20170525_064351.jpg
20170525_063430.jpg
Been using then for only about six months or so, but so far so good. I actually plan to go pick up some more today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hummingbird, sorry I never got back to you, but there was no brand information on my hose.
Anyway agree with vette-kid, those expanding hoses really work well! I used one on a job a few days ago. I don't think they're expensive, either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Here is what I use, believe it or not, these hoses are really great! Maybe others are rougher on theirs, but u have no issues with kinking, and they are easy to store (that's 75 footer hanging there). You can also see the fittings I use. I don't have any issues with leaking on them. View attachment 21151 View attachment 21152 View attachment 21153 Been using then for only about six months or so, but so far so good. I actually plan to go pick up some more today.
I picked up those same quick connect fittings a couple days ago. I will never go without them now!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I tried yesterday to kink that hose, it would not do it! It will bend, but would not kink to the point of blocking flow. I'm not a huge guy, but I'm not a wimp either:p and I tried as hard as I could to make it kink by hand. With water pressure in it id say it is pretty well kink proof. (y)

Ask a Question