Is there REALLY no-kink hose out there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I am so tired of kink-proof hoses kinking! It's time for yet another hose. Have you found a hose you are happy with? Please name-drop. Pros, cons, and links would be great, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Hozelock reel that automatically rewinds the hose and it's great. Hardly ever notice it kinking, and it it does it's often because I've got it in a tangle! I'd definitely recommend it. Is it a brand you get in the USA?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is an advertisement on TV here that shows a cored stainless steel water hose. It really looks too good to be true and it costs 1$ per foot for a 25 footer..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We've got a Hozelock reel that automatically rewinds the hose and it's great. Hardly ever notice it kinking, and it it does it's often because I've got it in a tangle! I'd definitely recommend it. Is it a brand you get in the USA?
Thanks! I found it on Amazon, but for $150 US dollars. That would have been nice, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
There is an advertisement on TV here that shows a cored stainless steel water hose. It really looks too good to be true and it costs 1$ per foot for a 25 footer..
Funny, yesterday I read a review article titled, "Metal Garden Hose: Too Good to be True?" I picked up a 100' All-Rubber Craftsman hose last night. Hopefully they will replace it if there are any ruptures. Their warranty isn't what it used to be. I read it still kinks sometimes, but one reviewer had theirs for 10 years!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got one at Home Despot six years ago, still working great. Doesn't kink at all. 100 ft, I think about $50. I'll see if I can find the brand name for you when I get home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I found it on Amazon, but for $150 US dollars. That would have been nice, though.

Ouch, that's expensive! We got ours a lot cheaper (<£50), although I think it was on offer at the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The ad just came on again.
www.metalgardenhose.com
Got one at Rite Aid yesterday. So far, I am in love with it!! Light weight, but feels solid. Moves around effortlessly. There's no way it's going to kink. Only downside is I had to use a crescent wrench to attach it to my wand (there's not enough surface area on the nut to tighten by hand). We'll see how t holds up over time and how hot it gets in 110 degree temps...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hmm, I've had great luck with the black expanding hoses. Just washed the car today. ..no kinks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Got one at Rite Aid yesterday. So far, I am in love with it!! Light weight, but feels solid. Moves around effortlessly. There's no way it's going to kink. Only downside is I had to use a crescent wrench to attach it to my wand (there's not enough surface area on the nut to tighten by hand). We'll see how t holds up over time and how hot it gets in 110 degree temps...
Get yourself some quick connect fittings. Female on the hose, male on all the attachments. Best thing I ever did. Easy to switch between watering wand, car wash foam sprayer or regular hose gun thingy. Kind of like the attachments for an air compressor, but made for water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
That's so weird. I was just thinking about whether or not I should try a quick connect fitting 10 minutes ago. And I wasn't even thinking about how it would help with the small nut on the metal hose! You talked me into it. Lol. I need one for my sump pump, too (I water the trees with the duck pool water) Do you know the brand of yours, by chance?
Get yourself some quick connect fittings. Female on the hose, male on all the attachments. Best thing I ever did. Easy to switch between watering wand, car wash foam sprayer or regular hose gun thingy. Kind of like the attachments for an air compressor, but made for water.

Ask a Question