Interesting looking flowers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
We've had foxglove and you can usually find borage in some places. We have pitcher plants and I'm told there were dahlias in the spring before I arrived. We also have toad lilies, but they aren't blooming at the moment. I'll have to keep an eye on them so I can take a photo when they do.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I saw that red one somewhere and thought it was a fake. The blue puya is amazing and it looks real to me. If it is I would love to have one like that growing in my yard. There are certainly more interesting plants many of us know nothing about!

Reaction score
@Mint You mean the red lipped one? Heheheh, I thought that one was fake too, but apparently it is a real plant, but odds are we will never seen it live :( At least not me, i live far from the place where they can be found.

Reaction score
We've had foxglove and you can usually find borage in some places. We have pitcher plants and I'm told there were dahlias in the spring before I arrived. We also have toad lilies, but they aren't blooming at the moment. I'll have to keep an eye on them so I can take a photo when they do.

Awesome, please do! I love toad lilies!!! They are some of the most beautiful and exotic flowers I have ever seen. As for the foxlove, isn't it too toxic for both humans and animals? I have heard it can be fatal even in small doses, I had no idea they sold that in some gardening centers :O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
The Fritillaria persica is also on of my favorite ones, sadly it only grows in the middle east :( I wonder if it could do well in Europe is grown by seed?
I've always found it perfectly hardy here in the UK. Good drainage is essential though and it needs to be planted at least 20cm deep.

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the OP only the "Aquamarine Iris" has colour that is greatly changed from reality. Though the tint of the Borage photo is also somewhat cooler than one would expect in natural light conditions. The rest of the images reside in the realm of believable coloration.

In the Second Post, Both the Honeywort (Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens') and the Dahlia cultivar have had their colors saturated and otherwise enhanced beyond believability, but the rest of the images are basically what one could see in nature.

Ask a Question