Interesting looking flowers

Reaction score
@Pat I found them all thanks to Pinterest, some of them can be planted in yards but others can't. I think most of them can't b planted in a yard, and the ones that can are a bit hard to find :( The foxy gloves might not be so hard to find, but a member here said it's toxic to both humans and animals.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, all those flowers are absolutely beautiful and very unique looking! I love the Himalayan Blue Poppy. It's like a small piece of sky:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
@claudine Glad you liked them :) They're very beautiful, I also liked the Himalayan blue poppy, I've been big fan of ''cold'' colors for a while :)
Cold colors are beautiful! I've never been a big fan of oranges, yellows and reds. Most of my favorite flowers are either white or pale pink:)
I also like the Fritillaria persica. It looks almost black!

Reaction score
Cold colors are beautiful! I've never been a big fan of oranges, yellows and reds. Most of my favorite flowers are either white or pale pink:)
I also like the Fritillaria persica. It looks almost black!

The Fritillaria persica is also on of my favorite ones, sadly it only grows in the middle east :( I wonder if it could do well in Europe is grown by seed? And you are right, cold colors have some sort of charm :) I find them so calming, that is why we chose cold colors for our house (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The Fritillaria persica is also on of my favorite ones, sadly it only grows in the middle east :( I wonder if it could do well in Europe is grown by seed? And you are right, cold colors have some sort of charm :) I find them so calming, that is why we chose cold colors for our house (y)
That's a pity:( But maybe it's possible to grow it indoors, in a pot?
When it comes to home decorations, I tend to choose cold colors too. What I love the most are white furniture, white flower pots and grey pillows and rugs.

Reaction score
That's a pity:( But maybe it's possible to grow it indoors, in a pot?
When it comes to home decorations, I tend to choose cold colors too. What I love the most are white furniture, white flower pots and grey pillows and rugs.

Maybe in a very big pot =D The living room floors are white :) I also like a bit of white everywhere, but have you noticed white floors seem to get dirty fast? That is why I don't like shoes inside the house ;) Lavender colored wallpaper is one of my favs too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maybe in a very big pot =D The living room floors are white :) I also like a bit of white everywhere, but have you noticed white floors seem to get dirty fast? That is why I don't like shoes inside the house ;) Lavender colored wallpaper is one of my favs too.
White floors are absolutely beautiful and very elegant!!! But it's true, they do get dirty fast. Same goes for white flower pots. Transplanting my plants is a nightmare, I always spend long hours trying to clean all pots:confused:
Lavender is one of my favorite colors:)

Reaction score
White floors are absolutely beautiful and very elegant!!! But it's true, they do get dirty fast. Same goes for white flower pots. Transplanting my plants is a nightmare, I always spend long hours trying to clean all pots:confused:
Lavender is one of my favorite colors:)

They are super elegant!! What are your pots made of? Plastic? I have seen some really pretty white pots made of some sort of ceramic, they look glassy. I think those are easier to clean, but scratch very easily. I plan to get a few of those (small ones) because they look very cute. t's funny, but a lot of my furniture is white ;) We ended up picking a lot white things, because white goes with everything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They are super elegant!! What are your pots made of? Plastic? I have seen some really pretty white pots made of some sort of ceramic, they look glassy. I think those are easier to clean, but scratch very easily. I plan to get a few of those (small ones) because they look very cute. t's funny, but a lot of my furniture is white ;) We ended up picking a lot white things, because white goes with everything.
They're plastic. I have a lot of plants and I couldn't afford buying so many ceramic pots. They're too expensive:( But I hope one day I'll buy them:)
White furniture is beautiful, isn't it?:)

Reaction score
They're plastic. I have a lot of plants and I couldn't afford buying so many ceramic pots. They're too expensive:( But I hope one day I'll buy them:)
White furniture is beautiful, isn't it?:)

Oh I see! Those are also very good, Claudine, but don't you have a harder time trying to remove the stains from them? I think all my old plastic pots are now goners. I hope you can get your ceramic pots soon, they are so elegant :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh I see! Those are also very good, Claudine, but don't you have a harder time trying to remove the stains from them? I think all my old plastic pots are now goners. I hope you can get your ceramic pots soon, they are so elegant :D
Removing the stains from them is time consuming, but I don't have any other choice. I can't spend money on ceramic pots, because I need to buy food and clothes;)
Whenever I manage to save a few bucks, I always end up buying new miniature roses:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Quite a diverse collection you've shared there. Some of those are pretty incredible, but I've seen so many unbelievable plants and flowers now that the otherworldly and "is that a real plant?" types no longer surprise me. Every week something I've never seen turns up in the garden center or in the floral department and I continue to be amazed at the variety that exists.

Reaction score
@ChanellG Thanks :) I tried to find the most interesting looking ones ;) It must be amazing to work in a place like that, I was hoping I could get a job at one of the biggest garden centers in the Netherlands, but it seems that will not be possible :( I'm kinda ok with it though, because if I had gotten that job, then I'd surely end up bringing a new plan back home everyday :p Have you seen any of those plants in the list turn up over there?

Reaction score
Removing the stains from them is time consuming, but I don't have any other choice. I can't spend money on ceramic pots, because I need to buy food and clothes;)
Whenever I manage to save a few bucks, I always end up buying new miniature roses:p

Awww!!!! I'd love to see your miniature roses collection :love: I bet now you have so many, because you are living on your own with your boyfriend :) So now you have all the space for that (y) I had to give mine away a few months ago, it was very hard, but I made the right decision, since I needed to eave them here (moving soon).

Ask a Question