Ideas for decorating flower pots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Amalia, I'm sure your nephew will have a lot of fun:D
I found another nice and very simeple idea. You can decorate your flower pots with buttons:D:

spring%20flower%20pots%20-%20thomas%20bucek%20-%20spring%20decorations1.jpg

It looks quite pretty, doesn't it?:)

Reaction score
It really does! I think that you could use almost anything to decorate them, you just need some time. It could also be very therapeutic as it disconnects us from the daily routine. And we can admire the result every day we walk past it :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Here is something nice and extremely simple:

malowanie+doniczki+na+zio%C5%82a.jpg

Instead of this weird shade of blue (turquoise?), I'd use pale pink paint or maybe a green one. I like the idea though. It looks very tidy and cute:) How do you feel abut it? Do you like it too?

Reaction score
Claudine - am not sure that I'm that keen on it its looks, and especially don't like the half mast effect as those two colors are really not complimentary to each other, and would prefer either one or the other.

As I think that turquoise
can look quite stark on its own - think it looks better when matched with other bright colors,
so how about these

pot turq butterflies.JPG

pot - turquoise.jpg

pot turq paisley.jpg

pot turquoise.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata Montes, these flower pots are quite colorful, they look very cheerful:) But still, turquoise is definitely not my favorite color.
This pot is more my style, but I think I'd replace the pink dots with white ones:

pink_black_and_white_flower_pot_2-600x450.jpg

Reaction score
I see some really beautiful and unique ideas. I love this thread. I don't currently decorate my flower pots, but after seeing the lovely pictures in this thread, I would very much like to start. I think I will!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion this is the perfect flower pot:

polka-dot-cermanic-pot-261x250.jpg

I love it! I'm addicted to polka dots. It's the cutest pattern ever.
Looking at this picture makes me want to repaint my old flower pots:)

Reaction score
Gata Montes, these flower pots are quite colorful, they look very cheerful:) But still, turquoise is definitely not my favorite color.
This pot is more my style, but I think I'd replace the pink dots with white ones:

Would agree with you even though I quite like turquoise as a color - its a little too much on a pot, but if I had to have one would choose the last one which I actually find quite attractive, especially as its subtle enough so as not to detract from the plant that would be living in it :D
Looking at the pot of your choice - think it would be the perfect choice for a black rose or hyacinth :D and as I know you like both pink and black - how about these

pot pink and black.jpg

pots pink spot.jpg

The picture in your last post is not showing up - so am not sure if I am duplicating what you have already posted - and my apologies if that is the case - but hope you like them anyway :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is it still not showing up? I can see it and I'd like you to be able to see it too, because it looks very pretty:)

I like these pots in the second picture that you posted! I'd use a pale pink paint though, because I've never liked too bright colors. But the idea itself is more than lovely!:) Big polka dots always look so cheerful!

Reaction score
Love this thread! I am going to keep an eye on it, for future use. My pots are plain right now, just store bought ones. I do have one flower pot that I painted Totoro on. He is a cute Japanese character from a Ghibli Studios movie. Totoro is suppose to be the keeper of the forest. At one point in the movie, he makes this huge tree grow, so I thought it was fitting for my flower pot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Mariam, I'm sure your flower pot looks really cute, it's such a nice idea!:D o be honest, I haven't heard of Totoro before. But I've just gooogled him and I found a few inspirational pictures:)
The last one is my favorite!

tumblr_m06qxjXkch1qa0q13o1_500.jpg

full_DSCF1720.jpg

totoro_pot_by_xxh3lloxkimchixx-d5rq9x8.jpg

Reaction score
Is it still not showing up? I can see it and I'd like you to be able to see it too, because it looks very pretty:)
I like these pots in the second picture that you posted! I'd use a pale pink paint though, because I've never liked too bright colors. But the idea itself is more than lovely!:) Big polka dots always look so cheerful!

Its a shame cos its still not showing up - and now you've got me really looking forward to seeing it, especially as your description has made it sound so very pretty - hope that you can find it again :)

Somehow thought the pots in the last picture - would be the ones with the greatest appeal, but did wonder if you might find the strength of the color a bit too much - but glad I was on the right track and that I didn't duplicate your pretty one, shall look forward to seeing it though :)

Reaction score
Now, I am going to have to do some more Totoro pots! Those are so awesome. The last one is my fave, too. I will try to get some of my pot pictures up here. I think I might have a few more painted ones outside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Its a shame cos its still not showing up - and now you've got me really looking forward to seeing it, especially as your description has made it sound so very pretty - hope that you can find it again :)

Somehow thought the pots in the last picture - would be the ones with the greatest appeal, but did wonder if you might find the strength of the color a bit too much - but glad I was on the right track and that I didn't duplicate your pretty one, shall look forward to seeing it though :)
I honestly don't know what is wrong with that picture. I would fix it if I knew how:( Oh well, I hope it'll start showing by itself;)
I found other pictures of lovely, dotted flower pots though:

polkadot3.jpg

mieta+z+czerwonym.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - yes its a real shame about your picture not showing up - especially as my curiosity as to what it looks like is nearly killing me :D but I do like that last picture of the green pot and very recently saw one very similar that - but in a much nicer shade - than sage green and it looked really striking - because the dots were done with gold paint so it looked like it was encrusted with little flakes of gold :love: have been trying to locate it again but haven't as yet managed to :(
Will keep trying though, especially as I think you too, might really like it :)

Ask a Question