Ideas for decorating flower pots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's lovely! It's not something I should brag about, but I always tend to ignore practical aspects of life. I prefer pretty things to useful ones, haha:D

Writing on flower pots may be a good idea too, especially if your hand-writing is nice:

feature21.jpg

decorated_flower+pots.jpg

Reaction score
That's really nice! LOL, I'd love doing that!!!! Not sure what I'd write on them!!! I guess writing the name of the plant would be kinda boring, so I guess I'd mostly write positive quotes all over them :) Uplifting phrases too! You know? If done well that could be a great gift :) Uhm, this thread gave me a couple of good ideas for gifts to my in laws ;)

What do you think about these:

a676fba0.jpg

A friend of mine did the exact same thing with one of those wooden kleenex boxes :) Not sure how practical this is in the long run either :ROFLMAO::LOL::whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think I'd write poems on my flower pots. I love poetry:) Or maybe I'd choose random fragments from my favorite books, I'm not sure yet. But I totally agree, a pot like this would make a lovely gift.

I love this picture that you posted! It's decoupage, isn't it?

Here is a funny idea:

DIY-Plastic-Pot.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah, it decoupage! :) Have you ever tried it? A friend of mine gave me a knleenex box decorated with that... she used colorful napkins :p This woman is into crafts... hardcore, I must say ;)

Hehehehe!!!! That rabbit looks like the taken out from a japanese cartoon! I think those overly cute planters were the idea of a japanese person, lol. They like this kind of things... overly cute :p

Guess:

5955ba65.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No, I've never tried decoupage. I was thinking about it, but as far as I know, you need to buy a special glue and varnish and who knows what else. I'm too lazy:p

I love this lace decorated flower pot! It's so girly! It would look perfect in my very girly room:D

This is nice:

2a2930bf1f637c096328068b71066765.jpg

Reaction score
That's a very nice pot! I love the DIY projects that are easy to do just like this one :)!!!! Somethings are so complicated, like the decoupage, these are fine when you have too much time in your hands, but since we don't then we better forget about it (y)

What about this one:

0def1009.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Here is kind of a unique way to decorate a flowerpot. it would take a lot of snipping the little branches to get all of the little circles though. I was also thinking that a larger branch could be :sliced up if you used a skill saw . My husband made some and used them to make the petals for flowers that he put on my flower boxes by the front porch.

http://www.goodshomedesign.com/creative-unique-flower-pots/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a really nice idea, Happyflowerlady! I love flower pots decorated with pieces of wood, in my opinion they look beautiful and very natural, it's almost like the wood was blooming:)

This is a interesting guide on how to decorate a flower pot with ribbons:

decorated-flowerpots-2.jpg

Reaction score
The pictures of all the flower pots are really lovely. My mother used to use acrylic paint to decorate flower pots and use them for all sorts of things such as containers to hold kitchen utensils, pencil/pen holders, in the bathroom to hold combs and brushes to name just a few. Of course, she also used them for houseplants. Each one was different and were very popular among friends she gave them to for special occasions.

Reaction score
I've just noticed this thread and I love it! I think I will be returning to it regularly for inspiration. My daughter loves crafts, and I'm always trying to think up new ideas to keep her occupied. There's plenty here to keep us busy for a long time!

Reaction score
The pictures of all the flower pots are really lovely. My mother used to use acrylic paint to decorate flower pots and use them for all sorts of things such as containers to hold kitchen utensils, pencil/pen holders, in the bathroom to hold combs and brushes to name just a few. Of course, she also used them for houseplants. Each one was different and were very popular among friends she gave them to for special occasions.

That's actually an awesome idea! But using containers not purely designed for gardening can be a bit more cheap :) I suggest that only if the person who is decorating those pots isn't planing to use them to place plants there. Btw, awesome use of plant pots!!! I bet they all looked lovely!

Reaction score
I've just noticed this thread and I love it! I think I will be returning to it regularly for inspiration. My daughter loves crafts, and I'm always trying to think up new ideas to keep her occupied. There's plenty here to keep us busy for a long time!

Thank you, Ruby! I'm glad someone appreciates this thread! I could tell you were into crafts when I read the first line ;)(y) I'm sure you will surely find a lot ideas to keep your daughter busy! So happy you found this useful :love::LOL:

Reaction score
Here is kind of a unique way to decorate a flowerpot. it would take a lot of snipping the little branches to get all of the little circles though. I was also thinking that a larger branch could be :sliced up if you used a skill saw . My husband made some and used them to make the petals for flowers that he put on my flower boxes by the front porch.

http://www.goodshomedesign.com/creative-unique-flower-pots/

Yeah, definitely! I'm not sure I'm down with that design, but who knows, maybe when seen in person it could look really lovely! Because there have been several times I see something in a picture but I'm not down with it. But then I see it in person and fall in love, it has happened the other way around as well :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reaction score
Now why didn't I think of this one. I might try it I am sure I have more than enough pennies. I am estimating that pot has $3.oo on it.

Me either!!!! It actually looks good, but not sure I'd really try it. It's a quite good and original looking pot tho, I'm sure it would make a really interesting and original gift ;)

Ask a Question