I have a question...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't Know if it was the flower ...........Probably the Leaves of a Nettle:Dyou were doomed to being chased by your mates when out with me mates :ROFLMAO: someone whould be grasping a bunch of stinging nettles and doing the chasing. Ouch!. also...........grass for whistling with and the darts to throw :rolleyes: they would stick to cloths and befor long you could have a dozen or more hits on your back or his without knowing:D
Hordeum-Murinum-Barley-Wall-300x228.jpg

Conckers where also great fun:LOL: the weekends and evening would be collection and the time. The time you prepared the winners ready for school lunch in the playground(y) .................So Talking or Lunch, What was your School Lunch time like and ..............Was it healthy :) or a matter or survival :D ........Do you still have the Scares:whistle: .......Hopefully nothing to bad;) .....If so did you make up by playing Kiss Chase:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't Know if it was the flower ...........Probably the Leaves of a Nettle:Dyou were doomed to being chased by your mates when out with me mates :ROFLMAO: someone whould be grasping a bunch of stinging nettles and doing the chasing. Ouch!. also...........grass for whistling with and the darts to throw :rolleyes: they would stick to cloths and befor long you could have a dozen or more hits on your back or his without knowing:DView attachment 32073
Conckers where also great fun:LOL: the weekends and evening would be collection and the time. The time you prepared the winners ready for school lunch in the playground(y) .................So Talking or Lunch, What was your School Lunch time like and ..............Was it healthy :) or a matter or survival :D ........Do you still have the Scares:whistle: .......Hopefully nothing to bad;) .....If so did you make up by playing Kiss Chase:D

Hummm... I admit defeat - perhaps I am not anglicised enough, not naturalised at all. Or our Daren is suffering from the Pint in the Pub! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Which tree do you think will increase the value of your property?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
A pecan tree. Folks around here adore pecans--raw, roasted, in pies or cakes, anyway you can eat them. People will ignore the house, outbuildings, landscaping if you have a big pecan tree.
Next question: Does your family have a gardening tradition, or are you the first to get your hands dirty?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
First I'll answer one of Daren's questions! :LOL:

What was your School Lunch time like and ..............Was it healthy :) or a matter or survival :D

At my school, the lunches were not healthy. These are the only vegetables I remember: slimy green beans that no one ate, canned corn, instant mashed potatoes, and soggy french fries... I remember dried out nasty "hamburgers" :cautious: that tasted like cardboard. (We all looked forward to Pizza day.)

I remember having chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. Tiny scraps of chicken, with starch on top of starch. The gravy was a bright yellow!! (It did taste good.:rolleyes:.)

Now I'll answer the last question. :)

Next question: Does your family have a gardening tradition, or are you the first to get your hands dirty?

Most of my family has (or had) a garden. (y) With a few exceptions, everyone grew vegetables. A few had flowers around the house, but they were of the "plant it and forget it" variety! :LOL:

(Middle chatty part - What is Conckers? :unsure:.)

Next question: Are you trying out any new plants this year? (If so, what?)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, where I come from conkers are buckeyes. Name derived from throwing said nuts and "conking" your playmates in the head (which may explain why so few went to college).
I always try out new plants, usually to my chagrin. This year I'm going all out for a spineless okra. We don't much like okra, but the folks at the food pantry just love it and as much as I want to give them food, I don't want to itch for hours from okra spines!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am not trying out any new plants as I want to move.

Which double flower do you like best and which single flower do you like best please? You can name a few! The more the merrier is my byword.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Give a question please so that the game can go on, usmankhan4u!

Ah, you sound like a phone company name? Please give your country or origin or you want to be mysterious?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
First I'll answer one of Daren's questions! :LOL:

At my school, the lunches were not healthy. These are the only vegetables I remember: slimy green beans that no one ate, canned corn, instant mashed potatoes, and soggy french fries... I remember dried out nasty "hamburgers" :cautious: that tasted like cardboard. (We all looked forward to Pizza day.)

I remember having chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. Tiny scraps of chicken, with starch on top of starch. The gravy was a bright yellow!! (It di
In Primary schoolI I remember banana sadwiches in white bread...by lunch time the bananas were quite brownish but I enjoyed them anyway. But my favourite day was Fridays when my mum would drive up to the school gate with a hot pie with sauce and a bottle of fanta each for my sister and I. I also remember small bottles of milk at "play time" (recess ) which siat in crates in the sun. A government policy to ensure we all got our dose of calcium. Don't know when that stopped but it was a good idea..
My question. .....Do you wear a hat in the garden?
I find them a nuisance, getting caught on things and just hot. I have hung one at my front door to try to get into the habit but it hasn't worked. Its still hanging there.
151795405015623492806.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@DeborahJane I bought a hat, but only wore it once. Most of the time, it has been flattened in my big bedroom. We never have had that much sunshine to warrant the trouble of wearing a hat. But if you live in a hot and sunny country like Australia or India or you're gardening here in temperature of 22 or above, it's a good idea to wear a hat.

I normally do my gardening very early in the morning or late when the sun has set. So not much chance of wearing a hat.

DeborahJane: It might be a good idea for you to wear a hat and to top up protection, a bit of suncream on the nose or back bit that is exposed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
You Should wear a hat they keep the rain of when it rains, the sun off when it shins,The head worm when its cold;)I have a few but the only ones I wear are from Australia & they are made by B C Hates And Made from Genuine Steer Hide ...All Hand Made :D I love my Hats And could not be with out it ;)......I have long hear too & it keeps it from getting in a real mess when I'm at work lol. To be honest If I don't where my hat Know one Recognizes me any more:ROFLMAO:......................My Hat is my most important Item of Clothing :)what is yours?..............
030.JPG

Ask a Question