I have a question...

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Let's play a game! :D

At the end of this post, I will ask a question. The next person to post in the thread will answer that question at the beginning of their post. At the end of their post, they will ask a question of the next person to post in the thread. You can ask any question, for example, "What is your favorite _____?" or "How long have you been gardening?" or "Do you prefer white or wheat bread?" or "Do you wear hats?" or "What is something funny that happened to you in the last week?" or... I think you get it... just ask a question. :LOL:

In this middle part of your post, you can expand on your answer, "I only picked white bread because I make French toast with it, but really - I prefer sourdough." You can use this part to get more details on someone else's answer. "@MaryMary, you only like white bread for French toast, have you ever tried it with raisin bread?" You don't have to have a middle part to your post. You can answer the last question, ask your question, and be done if you want. This middle part is the chatty part. ;)

To the next person - Do you prefer white or wheat bread?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@MaryMary, I prefer wheat bread when making a sandwich, but for really good french toast we use challah bread. It's so much richer tasting.
Given this being a garden forum, my question is this. Many of us have or had salvia's, so which is your favorite salvia plant, and why?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My favorite salvia is a blue one with big flower. Could be this one Salvia patens

salvia_patens_01.jpg

In fact, I love nearly all salvias, especially the one with a deep violet colour
Salvia 'Nachtvlinder'

upload_2018-1-21_17-33-59.jpeg

Which other flower/plant do you like because you think it has a very special or unique colour please?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like bright pink flowers. :love: So I'll show you this screaming pink Four O'clock. :LOL:

46bc8fc05aec1_15223n.jpg

And a slightly more subdued one to rest your eyes on.

th

To the next person - What is the silliest, most absentminded, or most surprising way you have ever injured yourself? o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Several years ago I stepped on the rake, which my little son threw in the grass. And then I fell several times in the garden when I wanted to catch him. At that time, my son thought he was a spiderman. He tied up a "web" between the trees.

Would you like to have a talking cat?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:eek: :eek: NO.

th

:eek: :eek: THE HORROR !!! :eek: :eek:

i-am-god-i-am-god-i-am-god-0-26786675.png

What cats would say:

"Foolish human, FEED ME NOW!!! NO, I don't want that nasty dried stuff, you have thumbs, open the can, you silly twit! And after that, I want some of the good stuff from the little bag. You're having steak? I never get steak... Why don't I ever get steak? Give me a bite of your steak. You know what? Give me your steak.

I want to go outside now. Open the door.

I've changed my mind, I don't want to go outside, I just want to look at it.

Don't shut the door, I said I want to look at it...

That's my pillow, move over. Pet me. Are you listening? Get off my pillow, and pet me!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Would you like to have a talking dog?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Repetition and if I love the plants enough, the details WILL make an impression on me! If I can't remember them, I won't stress over it.

Which plant beats you hands down!? I have tried meconopsis several times, from seeds about 6 times, from plugs 2 times and still, I will have no meconopsis in my garden this year :eek::eek::cry::cry:

Name you plant nemesis please!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:cry: :cry: Bell peppers!!

I tried them from seeds for a few years. One or two measly little peppers, then they were done. I've bought plants a foot tall from the nursery; I got one or two measly peppers, then they were done. I've tried different parts of the garden. I've tried more water, less water, and whatever they can get from nature. I plant them every year, hoping against hope something will be different, but no. I love them, but they hate me. :(

If I would give you $5,000 - Would you eat a bowl of live crickets?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Give me the $5,000 and I'll feed the crickets to the hens, then eat the eggs. Kind of like second-hand crickets.
What plant has defeated me? Most of them! No, I must confess to having a pale green thumb, but I have tried and tried and failed and failed to grow chives. Chives, for goodness sakes! One of the easiest herbs and mine just fall over and turn yellow.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Chives, for goodness sakes!

Chives, for goodness sakes! How could you!? Perhaps, heavens wants to spare you with having them EVERYWHERE, up to your eyeballs.

To carry on the chain, I will venture a question: What is the most expensive plant that you have bought?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Ok the most expensive Plant I have Bought for my self that I Can think of Would Be A Pink Cordyline That I Spotted at A nursery for 30.00 pounds or so to go in a Half Oak Beer Barrel out side the front of me House in town. I then picked out a few stunning heuchera's in different shades to go around it. It looked great for a year to 18 months But The Cordyline is looking Vary Sorry for its self now & I think the plant is Going to have to be Dug up and put in Sickbay! So I may of paid the Price but I'm probably not going to see it ever make a Tree or as the Native New Zealand (Maori) call it....... Cabbage Tree:(........................Did You Know the Ancient Maori People Used to grow Cordylines the tree was used as a source of food, particularly in the South Island, where it was cultivated in areas where other crops would not grow. It provided durable fibre for textiles, anchor ropes, fishing lines, baskets, waterproof rain capes and cloaks, and sandals..................... Have you got an Less Known Plant Fact that you could Share with us

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have you got an Less Known Plant Fact that you could Share with us

:unsure: Maybe. There are certain types of corn and cotton plants that release a pheromone to draw in parasitic wasps if they are preyed upon by caterpillars. They don't even have to be eaten by the caterpillars. If you play a recording of the sound of caterpillars eating leaves, they send out the scent that brings their bully-boys winging in! :cool: :D

The sight of some flowers instantly reminds me of my childhood. What flowers do that for you?

Ask a Question