I enjoy growing my own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone
Sorry I didn't see this bit before I posted on the vegetable bit about carrot fly.
My name is Stewart and my wife is Paula we married in Sri Lanka after being together for 25 years . You don't have to rush into these things. We live in Mansfield Woodhouse in England.
We live in a beautiful house with a large back garden and a big greenhouse. In fact I live next door to my identical twin brother which can cause a few problems with identification but we get round that.
We have had an allotment ( community garden ) which I rent from the council and are self sufficient in vegetables. We give the spare to family and neighbours and because we have so much we take it to a shop in a near by town to exchange for eggs and fruit. I go down to the allotment 2 or 3 times every week and enjoy what I do and a chat with my neighbours who are mostly of my age . Our local town Mansfield pre covid held an annual vegetable show which we entered and won several prizes including the allotment of the year which I am proud of. I hope that I can contribute to this site as I do on several sites in the UK but more importantly I hope that I can learn from my fellow gardeners no matter where they are in the world.

Attachments

• 20190707_124306.jpg
    20190707_124306.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Bonjour, Stewart! My grandparents have two vegetable gardens and grow a lot of vegetables. :geek:

Ask a Question