I cut my long stem succulent plant on top 30 days ago and now lots of little ones propagate out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My daughter gave me this succulent plant, it was a wedding gift. I took care of the plant but it grew pretty tall 12 inches. So I cut the plant to 4" they were no leaves just the shank. In 30 days I noticed many babies propagate out. It looks nice, am going to transfer to a bigger pot I want to see the results.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cutting off the top will encourage it to branch nicely.

There are so many species and hybrids among the Mexican Crassulaceae genera that is difficult to say with certainty what your plant might be without fully mature leaves and flowers, but the leaf shape does remind me somewhat of Sedum clavatum or certain hybrid x Sedeveria... I do hope you will post another pic when the plant is more mature, especially when it flowers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Cutting off the top will encourage it to branch nicely.

There are so many species and hybrids among the Mexican Crassulaceae genera that is difficult to say with certainty what your plant might be without fully mature leaves and flowers, but the leaf shape does remind me somewhat of Sedum clavatum or certain hybrid x Sedeveria... I do hope you will post another pic when the plant is more mature, especially when it flowers.
Definitely, I have an Adenium Desert Rose I did the same 3 years ago and she looks amazing.

Ask a Question