Howdy from central Texas

Reaction score
Hello all, I am glad to be here. I love to garden in all formats ~ edibles and not. Right now I have growing some cucumbers and eggplant plants along with various herbs. Right now there are no pollinators around at all, so I'm trying to pollinate the cucumbers myself with a pastry brush. It's early, so I may have anything at any given season. I have also done a bit of hydroponics via the desktop aerogarden units. I grew up with a garden and everything was grown organically. I also companion plant as I can.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the group, you do sound like you have been busy in your garden. You are lucky to be in an area that has a warm climate. We are just beginning to really see steady warm temps along the Atlantic coast. I can get serious now about my gardening now that it is warm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Howdy from a newbie from Bastrop! Can you please explain how to pollinate with a pastry brush? I'm tired of seeing my squash flowers go to waste day after day...

I don't understand it, either, because my tomato plants are doing great :confused:

Ask a Question