How to treat curl disease?

Tuilly

Submit Your Favourite Plant to win Cash.
Reaction score
Country
United States
Home Remedies for Plant Curl disease?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Most leaf curl in plants is caused by many things including weather, humidity, insects, nutrition and sometimes even a fungal infection and one must figure out exactly which and what kind. If it really is a fungal infection and if you do not want to use chemicals you must resort to things like hydrogen peroxide and/or a fungicide like Neem Oil, baking soda, milk, horticultural cornmeal and copper sprays. Specific pathogens such as Peach Tree Leaf curl are usually treated different than with vegetable plants. Usually leaf curl in vegetables is caused by weather. Wind is a big cause and also big temperature and humidity fluctuations but there isn't much one can do about this. Insects such as aphids, mites and sharpshooters can also cause leaf curl. Inadequate/improper fertilization can also cause leaf curl but normally the plant shows other symptoms besides leaf curl such as sparse foliage and drooping limbs and leaves.
What I have stated above is for a fungal pathogen. There is another serious viral pathogen called TYLC ( tomato yellow leaf curl ) which is totally different from the fungal pathogen. In any case curing a plant with a fungal or viral leaf curl is really just about impossible once the plant is showing the disease. The secret is prevention

Last edited:

Tuilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomatos and peppers are well known for curling leaves and almost always it is weather related. It is when the leaves start to brown or yellow or get spots that you have to worry.
Do I need to do any solution for curls or not?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do I need to do any solution for curls or not?
As long as there is no discoloring, leaf spotting drooping, fungal infections etc, no. I don't think there are any solutions except a change in weather. If you do have any of the discoloration, spotting etc, yes you do need a solution,

Tuilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
T
As long as there is no discoloring, leaf spotting drooping, fungal infections etc, no. I don't think there are any solutions except a change in weather. If you do have any of the discoloration, spotting etc, yes you do need a solution,
Thanks , I'll keep in it mind

Ask a Question