How to naturally control growth overtaking lawn???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Bermuda is a HOT weather grass. It is a tad bit warmer here than in Alabama. Here, if bermuda is watered properly one can almost see it grow. Especially common bermuda. Tiff bermuda grows a little slower.

I hope it invades every square inch of the place! I like the stuff - especially after learning to water it properly! Bam its growing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I did that, Sir! That is how I found out I had to drive to Austin! ;)

I got after some creepy charlie with my Rouge Hoe - fantastic tool - gets that long root too!!!

Funny enough, NONE of it is growing in my Bermuda but just around the back edge of my grass area in a bare spot. I will have to clear it out and seed it!

Make one appreciate how mice some golf course lawns look...
If you don't get all of the roots it will come right back. It sends down roots at every leaf node.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you don't get all of the roots it will come right back. It sends down roots at every leaf node.

Well, at least I can keep it in check with my Rogue Hoe until I can get a shovel! Fortunately I read this thread and spotted that stuff before it got too far along!

Thanks again for your fantastic knowledge and generosity with it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck, sir,

Picked up a bag of Medina Growin Green! Think I might spread some out tomorrow AM and work a little into my pepper containers...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We got about an inch and a half. I guess I will spread some Growin Green after church then give it a quick hose.
Just a thought, but if you have any areas of bare ground or areas of compacted soil, like where you walk a lot, if you were to get some good bagged compost and spread it about 1/2 inch deep it will soften the soil and allow the grass to grow in much faster. Also, if you were to spray molasses over your lawn your grass will also greatly benefit especially when used in conjunction with the Medina.

Ask a Question