How to make Cosmos Bloom?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
they are the most simplest seeds to germinate. I usually use a long container, that is moved to a sunny location. Usually I will get two types, a taller and mid height to the taller, and that don't bloom at the same time. Put it in the soil after last frost and that is it. no fussing about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
With respects to all. There does seem to be some kind of feeling to feed plants. Perhaps a wise move is to become familiar with what the numbers on the bottle/packet represent. The numbers correspond with the letters. NPK. Nitrogen for plant growth, foliage. P is Phosphorus, this encourages stron roots. K is for potash. Potash is required for flowers and fruiting.

So if a plant is growing well but seems to be shy in flowering. Then use a feed that is low in N&P but higher in K. Hope this is of help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
With respects to all. There does seem to be some kind of feeling to feed plants. Perhaps a wise move is to become familiar with what the numbers on the bottle/packet represent. The numbers correspond with the letters. NPK. Nitrogen for plant growth, foliage. P is Phosphorus, this encourages stron roots. K is for potash. Potash is required for flowers and fruiting.

So if a plant is growing well but seems to be shy in flowering. Then use a feed that is low in N&P but higher in K. Hope this is of help.
Sometime it seems everyone wants to "fertilize" its a rarity I do, and all mine do so well.

Ask a Question