How do you change the colour of roses?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for all the advice, it just seems like food colouring is a little 'unnatural' or it feels like it can harm the plant. I'll do some more investigating. It's just I've seen some bizarre ones like royal blue and such so just wondering how those can be possible.
I actually saw a video on using food coloring by putting it with water in one of those glass watering globes that you use to water plants, flowers etc. Slowly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
add food colouring to a watering can, then water your plants

I'm just guessing though and not sure if it will work :D

try it on a vase with flowers and see if it works
Use a glass watering globe that you place in the soil, and add water, and food coloring. I just saw it in a video.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I got one of my miniature roses, it had dark pink flowers. Now, after a year, it produces only pale pink ones. I have no idea how it happened though:p . I'm afraid that if you really want to have coral roses, you'll have to buy a new plant.
I once had a miniature red rose and the petals turned white after taking it on a sailing trip!

Ask a Question