Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Beverly,

Unfortunately we don't change usernames once they're established (the exception is for very new users with spelling mistakes in the name). The reason is that there are lots of things that tie in to usernames on the site and changing them once they are established causes quite a lot of disconnection (i.e. quote boxes, addon scripts, etc...).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Ian:) I thought it might make a big mess, but i was curious. I don't want to change my user name and was only curious about the possibility.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Beverly, were you asking for me? :) Or just general curiosity? :unsure:

Another forum I was a member of allows their members to change names if they want, and honestly, :eek: it makes it a big mess. It would change all of my old posts to the new name, but if someone has used an "@MaryMary," or quoted me, it wouldn't change my name to the new one in their post, or in the quote box. It's too confusing to new members wondering - - Who are they talking to? Why is the wrong person being credited with that post? What the heck just happened here?! :cautious:

Besides, you guys "know" me as MaryMary!! (y)

Technically, if it were that important - with Ian's permission, I could re-register as a "new" member - I think the software sends him a notice if someone from the same ISP address tries to have 2 accounts. :cautious:

(If you were asking for me - I'm fine with being quite contrary. ;) :D.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Beverly, were you asking for me? :) Or just general curiosity? :unsure:
@MaryMary...well, a little of both i guess. I know you are female and also grown-up who, if she wanted to, could ask for herself:) But your comment generated the curiosity for me to want to know if it is possible. I started thinking about it and could envision a great big mess, then again you never know until you ask, it is the 2 year old person hiding in me wanting to know why the sky is blue.:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Oh yes, i have noticed this about you @MaryMary. It is the reason your investigative skills are so awesome. It is what makes good scholars and/or 2 year olds so interesting:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I dont remember how I sign up this forum, Its showing my full name, I wish i could make it short / just initials.:)

Ask a Question