Possible greenhouse?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have this sunroom off the back of my house. I really never use it and thought maybe I could use it for plants instead. Are there certain plants that do better in a greenhouse environment?
I'm thinking a cozy chair for reading and a bunch of plants should do the trick. Looking for any suggestions for both plants and plant stands or holders that I can use.
2017-06-30 06.53.28.jpg
2017-06-30 06.53.31.jpg
2017-06-30 06.53.38.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like a very nice spot to relax! Sorry I can't be of more help but I am a beginner. I hope you post pictures when you get some plants in there.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to grow in a greenhouse. Tropical plants, air plants, and a lot of succulents, I would think.

I took a cue from your wire table and chair. :sneaky: I image-searched "wire plant stand," and oh, the possibilities are endless!! :love: I'm stealing several pictures to show you, I hope you get to see them before the internet steals them back!! :ROFLMAO:

upload_2017-7-5_18-17-12.jpeg
.. ..
upload_2017-7-5_18-18-41.jpeg
. ..

. . .
upload_2017-7-5_18-21-36.jpeg
. . .
upload_2017-7-5_18-35-14.jpeg
. . .

upload_2017-7-5_18-24-30.jpeg
. . .
upload_2017-7-5_18-27-56.jpeg
. .

upload_2017-7-5_18-36-19.jpeg
. .
upload_2017-7-5_18-36-42.jpeg
. .

upload_2017-7-5_18-22-17.jpeg

... :ROFLMAO: .
upload_2017-7-5_18-23-3.jpeg
upload_2017-7-5_18-33-21.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
@tbendl , Not sure what you are asking but my first question is, what is on the floor....greenhouses don't have carpet. You have more like a sitting room. Is that sheet rock on the walls? Greenhouses need moisture and rain...You got half if it with the sun....

Is that what's on your mind..??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I like the idea of @MaryMary . Also you can add a large plant. I think you can grow many different plants here. I just do not know what you can buy in your stores. Perhaps you could make a list of plants that you love. And then see what light they need or humidity to properly arrange.
For example, I like Begonia corallina. She blossoms a lot and is very unpretentious.
137703001309789394b.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@tbendl, how much light does the room get? Direct or indirect? It doesn't look very bright and sunny - but the day might have been overcast, or it could be the time of day you took the picture...:unsure:

@Esther Knapicius has a "Corn plant" that looks very pretty. It might look nice in one of your corners. https://www.gardening-forums.com/th...pa-chester-county-usa.8580/page-5#post-110157

Images of the plant found here : https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrB8pmCK15ZB14AyO0unIlQ?p=corn+plant+house+plant&fr=yhs-mozilla-003&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I took a cue from your wire table and chair. :sneaky: I image-searched "wire plant stand," and oh, the possibilities are endless!! :love: I'm stealing several pictures to show you, I hope you get to see them before the internet steals them back!! :ROFLMAO:
I want them all! Maybe I could just add plant stands and a bunch of plants.
@tbendl , Not sure what you are asking but my first question is, what is on the floor....greenhouses don't have carpet. You have more like a sitting room. Is that sheet rock on the walls? Greenhouses need moisture and rain...You got half if it with the sun....

Is that what's on your mind..??
The floor is stained concrete and the walls are prefab plastic with windows. The room gets afternoon sun and can be hot and muggy unless I open all the windows. I guess I was wondering if there are plants that only do well in humid sunny rooms like this.
I like the idea of @MaryMary . Also you can add a large plant. I think you can grow many different plants here. I just do not know what you can buy in your stores. Perhaps you could make a list of plants that you love. And then see what light they need or humidity to properly arrange.
For example, I like Begonia corallina. She blossoms a lot and is very unpretentious.
That's a great idea @Larisa I will try that and that is a gorgeous begonia!
@tbendl, how much light does the room get? Direct or indirect? It doesn't look very bright and sunny - but the day might have been overcast, or it could be the time of day you took the picture...:unsure:

@Esther Knapicius has a "Corn plant" that looks very pretty. It might look nice in one of your corners. https://www.gardening-forums.com/th...pa-chester-county-usa.8580/page-5#post-110157
It gets direct sun in the afternoon and indirect the rest of the day. Yes it was really overcast the day I took the picture. I'll check out the corn plant.

Thank you all. I think I will get rid of the big couch and maybe add a small wicker loveseat and then fill the space with pots and flowers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl Make WINE from the VINE lol
I wish you every success in this venture
Regards
C

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a