House Plant Identification

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello... Picked up this plant and added it to my terrarium... I love it but would love to know more about it... As you can see from the pot there is no info at all lol... Any information provided would be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 14281421_1745887899000469_1231853379_n.jpg
    14281421_1745887899000469_1231853379_n.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 279

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Sorry, i'm veg and wildflowers department, but hopefully someone will know :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not that great at plant ID but my first thought was a baby parlor palm? Before the main stalk starts growing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Welcome to the forums @Big Dazz. I too can be no help to you. Maybe some people who know house plants can help you. I don't know about H & H Nursery, are they in Lakewood, CA? They will have a website (if it is the one in Lakewood, the email is
hhnursery.com

I would send them a copy of your photo and ask them what the plant is. All i know is that it is very attractive:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hello. This is similar to Nolina (Beaucarnea).
If there is such a plant stem as in the photo, it is precisely Nolina (Beaucarnea - the second name). But this plant stem must not dig into the ground. The trunk of the plant to be on the surface. Then he grows up.
496.jpg
nolina-600x600.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

I concur with Larisa. The plant pictured is three small seedlings of the Ponytal Plant (Beaucarnea recurvata) in the Butcher-broom Family (Ruscaceae, or alternatively, the SubfamilyNolinoideae of the Asparagus Family, Asparagaceae). The species is native to central and southern Mexico. It is alos a popular houseplant, as well as a fine garden specimen for warmer climes.

As there are three plants planted together in a small pot, I recommend that you re-pot each one separately in a container of the same size or slightly larger. Also plant each plant somewhat higher in the pot to expose the beginnings of the plant's famously attractive caudiciform trunk. as well as to give the plant additional root space.

Ask a Question