Horsetail reed Not Straight...

Reaction score
Country
United States
A week ago I transfer these horsetail reeds from their 5 gallon pots bought at my local nursery to these planters. When they were in the pots they were nice and straight. Now, just a week later they are starting to bend and fall side ways, not straight and erect like they were befofe planting. I've been keeping the soil moist. They get about 3 hours of morning sun. No drain holes in the planters, any suggestions would be appreciated. Located in LA, CA.
20170717_190106.jpg
20170717_190902.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Most plants poke their head towards the sun. . If you move the troughs to the centre of your centre where the plants do have to turn heads to get the sun, they will be straight. My guess, any way!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Don't let it get out of the box.

Horse tail are not strong plants . I would just cut the bent ones off at the base, and let the new growth fill in . You won't be able too stop it

Reaction score
Country
United States
Once I cut the stems that go limp, should I discard them, or let them sit in the box to grow new ones?

Ask a Question