prime ark freedom blackberries

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
hey folks! i planted these blackberries in a raised bed in my yard .these fruit on 1st. year primocanes so i figured id give them a try. most blackberries you have to keep till' the second year to get berries. its too cold up here for the canes to survive the winter. im in zone 4a. this variety produces on same year growth so i don't have to worry about over wintering the canes. my question is, is my summer long enough to get a crop? anyone have experience with this culitvar? I've looked online and haven't found a answer.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not familiar with Prime ark freedom blackberries here in Texas. In fact, I am not even sure what the name is of the blackberry bush I planted. It is now 3 years old and has lots of fruit on it. I have been counting how many berries I pick and so far the bush has produced 115 berries. I still have a few weeks left of berry picking and cant's wait to see how much the total is for this summer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I'm updating this thread. planted these plants last spring. they grew incredibly fast! by august there were many flowers and immature berries. well not 1 ripened but the plants stayed green into dec.then got buried in a 15in. wet snow! gonna make a high tunnel to put over them next spring so they have a longer growing season. i want blackberries! be warned that if you want to grow these you have to be z5 or warmer. or cover them to make a longer growing season.

Ask a Question