Hippeastrum commonly known as Amaryllis

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
'Lollipop' looks really pretty too!:)
I love 'Apple Blossom' so much that I started looking for places where I could buy it and I found a really nice online store. They sell one bulb for 12 złoty, which is around $4. But I haven't purchased any yet, because I've just received a new miniature rose:D

Reaction score
'Lollipop' looks really pretty too!:)
I love 'Apple Blossom' so much that I started looking for places where I could buy it and I found a really nice online store. They sell one bulb for 12 złoty, which is around $4. But I haven't purchased any yet, because I've just received a new miniature rose:D

If you can buy " Apple Blossom " at that price snap it up now - I wouldn't wait as its a real bargain - as they are generally way more expensive than that and even though I know that your miniature roses are your favorites - it wouldn't be a wasted purchase either - as you would get to enjoy its beautiful blooms during the time that your roses are resting over the winter in the attic :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think I'll purchase it:) Unfortunately, it will be a little more expensive, because I'll also have to pay for shipping costs. But it's worth it. 'Apple Blossom' is an absolutely gorgeous plant:) I'm sure it could cheer me up during long winter months.

Reaction score
I think I'll purchase it:) Unfortunately, it will be a little more expensive, because I'll also have to pay for shipping costs. But it's worth it. 'Apple Blossom' is an absolutely gorgeous plant:) I'm sure it could cheer me up during long winter months.

As I hadn't realized that post and packing was not included and although I do still think that $4 is a bargain price for an " Apple Blossom " bulb even if you do have to pay post and packing - you may also like to check out

https://www.eurobulb.nl/

especially as they too sell Armayllis bulbs at very reasonable prices and guess what - for deliveries anywhere in Europe - post and packing is included in the price advertised and although I haven't used them myself - from what I've heard from those who have - all are very pleased with both the service and the quality of the bulb :) so may well be worth checking out - that is if you haven't already ordered yet.

Would agree with you when you say its a small price to pay - for being able to see such a wonderful sight over the winter months - especially as " Apple Blossom " is fragrant too :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
This is my year old Amaryliis now it bloomed ever so well and grown all through the summer leaf starting to turn yellow now.

And a new leaf growing and roots below
P1060277.JPG
P1060279.JPG
P1060280.JPG

Reaction score
This is my year old Amaryliis now it bloomed ever so well and grown all through the summer leaf starting to turn yellow now.

And a new leaf growing and roots below

That is an extremely healthy looking Amaryllis you have there - especially as not only do you have a baby " Apple Blossom " growing but wow - big healthy roots too - and as you have now got my curiosity going - did you bring yours outdoors after it had finished flowering or did you just leave it on a sunny windowsill inside - to enjoy the sun throughout the summer months ?

Although I think you are already aware of this - but just in case you aren't and I know that if it was me - I would at this moment in time be very tempted to re-pot and extract that baby Amaryllis - as your Amaryllis is just starting to go dormant - which the leaves starting to turn yellow is a sign that it is - don't let temptation get the better of you - as in order to make sure that they bloom again - Amaryllis are generally re-potted or divided at the end of the dormancy stage.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have already repotted this summer Gata with fresh compost and have fed it all summer.

But feeding stopped last month.

Part of the summer it sat outdoors then it has sat indoors in our conservatorŷ.

But it's now moved to a cooler darker area in our home to rest.

Reaction score
Well in that case scotkat as you are already on the right track - all I can say is - that as I really hope you will be sharing some pictures of your Amaryllis in all its glory - I shall be looking forward to seeing it in full bloom.

Ask a Question