Herbs Ideas For Tea?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Parsley can be made into a tea that is good to remove water from your body when you are holding water in your body. You can get parsley at the grocery store.

Reaction score
I can recommend mint if you have any stomach irritations, go get a few small branches from the herb plant and soak it in not too hot water (not boiling for sure) wait a little, and you can drink it, warm or cold. In the summer we do this in big bottles then it's going to the fridge overnight with the mint still in it.

Reaction score
Chamomile is always great to drink before you sleep it has a calming effect. Green tea leaves, I heard, burns fat. In any case I have tarragon leaves in my garden that I add in my tea and it tastes really good. Ginger, although it is not a herb is great for when you have sore throat or a runny nose.

Reaction score
Lemongrass!!!!! Omg you have no idea how long I've been trying to remember the name of that plant to put into tea. Because of this thread I learned about Lemon Balm.
Lemongrass is the one I couldn't stop thinking of all day. Thank you girly.

I'm glad I can help! Lemongrass is one of my all time favorites. It makes a wonderful, wonderful tea. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions(y). A week ago I made my first homemade tea. I used Dried Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Lavender an my homemade Chai spice mix. Wow was that some great fresh tea. :D:coffee:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
How do you know how much of the fresh herb to use? Do you just grab a handful and stuff it in your mug? With the chamomile, do you only use the flowers?

Reaction score
You can use dandelion for a really healthy tea, I have heard about the properties of dandelion tea and they are amazing! Specially if you want to detox your liver and get other nice benefits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius, what's Alpha? What kind of flavor does it have? @Trellum, I've had dandelion tea. Not fresh but it was still good. That's a good one to add to the list. I've eaten dandelion greens. Don't really remember how I felt about those but the tea is a good diuretic so it helps get rid of excess water too.

Reaction score
@Esther Knapicius, what's Alpha? What kind of flavor does it have? @Trellum, I've had dandelion tea. Not fresh but it was still good. That's a good one to add to the list. I've eaten dandelion greens. Don't really remember how I felt about those but the tea is a good diuretic so it helps get rid of excess water too.

Yes, exactly! I actually want to go back to drinking it, because due to my health issues I tend to retain a lot water :( So far this tea is one of the few things that has really helped me to solve this issue naturally ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius, thanks for clearing that up. :) I've had alfalfa sprouts. Is it a mildly earthy taste? Do you have to have your own plant or can you buy leaves somewhere?

@Trellum, glad something works for you naturally. It's nice to help things that way rather than with pharmaceuticals. Fewer side effects. (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
My favourites' to pick would be Lemon mint tea also called lemon balm as its fresh & refreshing good plus you can pick it in my garden all year round but all mint plants make good tea Another great tasting one I like is made from Lime trees (Tilia x europaea) You have to pick the flowers which are out for a short time early summer. I also like Elder flower & Stinging Nettle tea's from time to time

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have made ginger tea from the ground ginger from the store. I added it to regular black tea, it was good.

Ask a Question