Help with this Wood Lily!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am in need of some help with a wood lily plant ( I believe that's what it is). The leaves are turning a deep purplish/brown color now that fall is hitting in Washington state. Do I cut down the entire plant to its base and mulch over it for fall or do I just let it die? It seems to me like it's completely dying as I had another smaller version of the same plant that completely died but I think it was due to the heat wave that hit us up here and I was not watering enough so I am worried this other one is going to die too and it's so beautiful HELP !!

Attachments

• wood lily 1.JPG
    wood lily 1.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Wood lily 2.JPG
    Wood lily 2.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

The foliage of Lilies (Lilium ) dies down in the Fall. Wait until the foliage is mostly brown and then cut down at ground level. Mulching with bark or wood chips can be beneficial. In any case, somehow mark the spot so that it is not tread on or disturbed. As long as conditions are right, new growth will emerge in the Spring.

Ask a Question