Help with my peace Lilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
image.jpg
my leaves keep turning brown so I snip them off. I rarely see a flower bloom and when it dose it also turns brown. I water about once a week and I used fox farm ocean organic soil. I want it to grow healthy and strong. What can I do?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also have a question about my spider plant. Someone just told me I have way to many babies on my plant and if I don’t take them off it will kill my plant. I think it’s pretty and healthy looking. Any suggestions?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
I also have a question about my spider plant. Someone just told me I have way to many babies on my plant and if I don’t take them off it will kill my plant. I think it’s pretty and healthy looking. Any suggestions? View attachment 86583View attachment 86586
I don't know whether mother plant dies if left so. But baby plants may not last long on air. They need soil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your Peace-lily (Spathiphyllum cv.) wants indirect light, mild temperatures, regular water with reasonably good drainage, and light fertilization. Some humidity in the air would also be beneficial. First unpot the plant and examine the conditions of roots, soil, and pot drainage. Roots should be white and firm. The soil should be moist but not saturated. Drainage hole should not be blocked or submerged. When planning to irrigate the plant, first check the soil moisture, Let it become partly dry before watering. Spathiphyllum can take low light conditions, but there are limits, if the plant is ailing, place it in somewhat brighter light, near a window.

Spider Plants (Chlorophytum comosum) can keep a large number of attached plantets ('babies') on indefinitively without any harm.
As long as the plant is healthy, the plantlets will just behave the same as any other leaf or stem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The crying leaves on the Peace Lily usual indicate low light and wet soil. I would move it closer to a window and let it dry out a bit more between waterings. It is also way over potted and won't need a bigger pot for a few years. When it peas up you might want to downsize the pot a couple of inches, but I wouldn't risk damaging any more roots by unpotting it now. It's struggling a little but not in imminent danger.

Ask a Question