Peace Lily Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Can anyone help me? I can’t for the life or me keep a peace lily alive. This is about 15 feet from a south facing window - no direct light. I keep the soil damp whenever I see the leaves drooping. What is the yellowing from? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• DA9053B3-F1FC-4A25-B15A-12B17BCBF488.jpeg
    DA9053B3-F1FC-4A25-B15A-12B17BCBF488.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 7905E927-2ED1-41B1-9D09-DE8034A0AB2E.jpeg
    7905E927-2ED1-41B1-9D09-DE8034A0AB2E.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 176
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Marlee127 . Your peace lily needs repotting. You will be able to divide it into two or maybe three new plants and put each in new compost - or replant the whole thing into a size larger pot - with new compost.
These plants are really easy to keep when they have enough space for the roots.
I would discard the yellowing leaves if I were you :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Can anyone help me? I can’t for the life or me keep a peace lily alive. This is about 15 feet from a south facing window - no direct light. I keep the soil damp whenever I see the leaves drooping. What is the yellowing from? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the forum @Marlee127 :)
I have several Peace Lilies in my home. One is a monster size given to me by a former client 3 years ago. I haven't re-potted it and it is doing just fine.
Peace lilies like to be in a dull, dark corner of a room, with no direct sunlight. I notice your one is casting a shadow on the wall? That suggests that some light is getting to it. So, the question then is, how much light and for how long? None of mine are in a place where they can create a shadow against a wall.
I rarely water mine. Only when the leaves go limp do I remember and give them a drink :oops: This isn't often because they are in a darker side of the room(s) so don't tend to dry out much.
Sometimes the leaves do tend to yellowing, often due to age (unless you are watering them too frequently as that can cause yellowing) and you simply pluck them off at the base. Do not over feed them because that can also cause yellowing. They are not a high maintenance plant really.
Good luck with your one when you re-pot it and I hope it thrives for you :)

Ask a Question