Help with hose timers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, thank you in advance! I have a rental property that I’m trying to set up an automatic watering system for. Basically I’m going to be using hose timers with soaker hoses. I’ve already ordered two timers from orbit and they don’t seem to be doing what I want them to do. Here is what I’d like: Say I have a timer with four different watering stations. On each watering station I would like to have different start times. The orbit timer system does this as does other timers I have looked at. HOWEVER I’m trying to find a system that will allow me to have different duration times with each of the start times… Do you know if there any out there? To give a further example: Station one I want to have a start time of 4:01 AM to run once a week for 120 minutes. Also on that station I want to have two more start times: 6:01 AM and 6:01 PM. However I want the duration on the start times to be only for 20 minutes. Again, does anybody know of a system out there that allows me to do this?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well, thank you in advance! I have a rental property that I’m trying to set up an automatic watering system for. Basically I’m going to be using hose timers with soaker hoses. I’ve already ordered two timers from orbit and they don’t seem to be doing what I want them to do. Here is what I’d like: Say I have a timer with four different watering stations. On each watering station I would like to have different start times. The orbit timer system does this as does other timers I have looked at. HOWEVER I’m trying to find a system that will allow me to have different duration times with each of the start times… Do you know if there any out there? To give a further example: Station one I want to have a start time of 4:01 AM to run once a week for 120 minutes. Also on that station I want to have two more start times: 6:01 AM and 6:01 PM. However I want the duration on the start times to be only for 20 minutes. Again, does anybody know of a system out there that allows me to do this?
Have you taken a look at the RainBird auto-watering systems?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Any Progress? :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, thank you in advance! I have a rental property that I’m trying to set up an automatic watering system for. Basically I’m going to be using hose timers with soaker hoses. I’ve already ordered two timers from orbit and they don’t seem to be doing what I want them to do. Here is what I’d like: Say I have a timer with four different watering stations. On each watering station I would like to have different start times. The orbit timer system does this as does other timers I have looked at orbit sprinkler timer manual pdf. HOWEVER I’m trying to find a system that will allow me to have different duration times with each of the start times… Do you know if there any out there? To give a further example: Station one I want to have a start time of 4:01 AM to run once a week for 120 minutes. Also on that station I want to have two more start times: 6:01 AM and 6:01 PM. However I want the duration on the start times to be only for 20 minutes. Again, does anybody know of a system out there that allows me to do this?
I have a ~4500 sq-ft section of TTTF lawn with patches of recently seeded spots that were leveled or gloved to eradicate Poa Annua. I irrigate the area with multiple tripod impact sprinklers that I turn manually on throughout the germination period. I am traveling soon and need a hose bibb water timer during my absence to irrigate about 4 or 5 different times for brief periods of time to keep seeds moist through germination.

I do need a battery powered, one hose outlet, can program to do multiple short cycles a day, is robust and easy to program. Ideally good battery life.
I don't need fancy wireless control from a smartphone. The hose bibb is located 100' from the house, so bluetooth and wifi are probably sketchy anyway.

I would probably buy from Amazon, Lowes or Home Depot. Does anybody have suggestions about a timer that they recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a ~4500 sq-ft section of TTTF lawn with patches of recently seeded spots that were leveled or gloved to eradicate Poa Annua. I irrigate the area with multiple tripod impact sprinklers that I turn manually on throughout the germination period. I am traveling soon and need a hose bibb water timer during my absence to irrigate about 4 or 5 different times for brief periods of time to keep seeds moist through germination.

I do need a battery powered, one hose outlet, can program to do multiple short cycles a day, is robust and easy to program. Ideally good battery life.
I don't need fancy wireless control from a smartphone. The hose bibb is located 100' from the house, so bluetooth and wifi are probably sketchy anyway.

I would probably buy from Amazon, Lowes or Home Depot. Does anybody have suggestions about a timer that they recommend?
Hey dude, just joined the forum and looking for urgent solution.

I'm currently on the hunt for the Orbit 4 Station Timer manual in PDF format. It seems I've misplaced the physical copy that came with the timer, and I'm in a bit of a bind trying to set it up properly for my garden irrigation.

The Orbit 4 Station Timer has been a great asset in maintaining my garden, and I'm eager to get it back up and running with the correct settings. If you've used this timer before and have any tips or insights on its setup and usage, please feel free to share your experiences. I believe in the power of community knowledge, and your advice could save my plants from potential underwatering or overwatering.

To summarize, I'm desperately seeking the PDF manual for the Orbit 4 Station Timer. If you have it, know where I can find it, or have any tips for setting up similar irrigation timers, please don't hesitate to reply to this post or send me a private message. Your assistance will be a beacon of hope for my garden's well-being!

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm currently on the hunt for the Orbit 4 Station Timer manual in PDF format. It seems I've misplaced the physical copy that came with the timer, and I'm in a bit of a bind trying to set it up properly for my garden irrigation.

The Orbit 4 Station Timer has been a great asset in maintaining my garden, and I'm eager to get it back up and running with the correct settings. If you've used this timer before and have any tips or insights on its setup and usage, please feel free to share your experiences. I believe in the power of community knowledge, and your advice could save my plants from potential underwatering or overwatering.

To summarize, I'm desperately seeking the orbit 4 station timer manual pdf for the Orbit 4 Station Timer. If you have it, know where I can find it, or have any tips for setting up similar irrigation timers, please don't hesitate to reply to this post or send me a private message. Your assistance will be a beacon of hope for my garden's well-being!
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Happy gardening!

Reaction score
Country
Canada

To summarize, I'm desperately seeking the PDF manual for the Orbit 4 Station Timer. If you have it, know where I can find it, or have any tips for setting up similar irrigation timers, please don't hesitate to reply to this post or send me a private message. Your assistance will be a beacon of hope for my garden's well-being!

YouTube has lots of videos showing how to set up timers, there are several on orbit 4 station timers and how to set them up.

And welcome to the forum!

Ask a Question