Help plz

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
How often do you water, are they inside or out, and what is your USDA zone? Knowing your USDA zone (or more specific location) is critical to being able to give fully-informed advice, especially with outdoor plants but indoor ones too.
I have mint outdoors, both in containers and just growing wild (it's intregrated into the lawn now) and it comes up every year and I never, ever water it. I don't think I could eradicate it at this point if I wanted to!
As @headfullofbees indicated, overwatering may be the culprit and is probably the number one mistake gardeners make.
I am in zone 6

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Not very windy temp wise it varies
Water once a week.
Next month, or when you take them in (if you have to) go to once a fortnight (if it doesn't rain).
Herbs at the height of summer seldom need watered more than once or twice a week.
The only reason I suggest you water once a week now, which would normally be too much for time of year, is that some of your roots may have rotted with too much water previously.
Counter-intuitively, it means that you still have to water slightly more than normal, as there are fewer roots left to take up water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
Water once a week.
Next month, or when you take them in (if you have to) go to once a fortnight (if it doesn't rain).
Herbs at the height of summer seldom need watered more than once or twice a week.
The only reason I suggest you water once a week now, which would normally be too much for time of year, is that some of your roots may have rotted with too much water previously.
Counter-intuitively, it means that you still have to water slightly more than normal, as there are fewer roots left to take up water.
ohh ok

Ask a Question