• 20151108_195526.jpg
    20151108_195526.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 336
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Look good to me? The one in your second pic looks a bit spindly which could be lack of sufficient light. The others look healthy...you might want to get them into larger pots with better soil in the long run.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
Look good to me? The one in your second pic looks a bit spindly which could be lack of sufficient light. The others look healthy...you might want to get them into larger pots with better soil in the long run.
I was afraud cause some the plants look brown :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't see any "brown" in your photos. They look healthy.
Mind you it's normal and natural for some plants to have lower leaves turn brown and die off, but I am just not seeing that in the pics you provided.
Get them out of the store container and into larger ones with better soil and they will be fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't see any "brown" in your photos. They look healthy.
Mind you it's normal and natural for some plants to have lower leaves turn brown and die off, but I am just not seeing that in the pics you provided.
Get them out of the store container and into larger ones with better soil and they will be fine.

I couldn't have said it better Beth. That is the first thing I do when I buy a plant. Often times the store uses a poorer soil and smaller container to cut costs. It's amazing how well a plant perks up with some fresh soil and a little more room to root around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Is that a mint in the first photo? I don't see anything wrong with your plants particularly that mint which looks so prolific. I suggest you take off some branches of the mint to serve as cutting so you will have a backup plant. That's what we do with our indoor plants, we always have a backup so when something goes wrong, we can exchange the healthy with the unhealthy that is inside the house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, I agree with the comments above. They look pretty healthy to me but re-potting - I'd use the same size pot but better soil in the first instance - and taking cuttings are both good ideas. Sage is quite happy to be cut and will bush out if you cut just above a leaf joint rather than below. And it will straggle if you don't cut it. Mint will root readily in a glass of water. A most obliging herb!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
Is that a mint in the first photo? I don't see anything wrong with your plants particularly that mint which looks so prolific. I suggest you take off some branches of the mint to serve as cutting so you will have a backup plant. That's what we do with our indoor plants, we always have a backup so when something goes wrong, we can exchange the healthy with the unhealthy that is inside the house.
Yes that is peppermint,spearmint,purple sage,ice plant, and thyme

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
I am just nervous that I will mess it up, and I post the pics because it seemed like I was pulling off leaves that where bad like discolored and had little holes in it and etc. I just dont want to mess it all up hahha

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I can see a little bit on one or two leaf edges.
It seems consistent with slight overwatering.
Cut off these leaves (but no more) and let us know your watering regime, please.
Looks at this stage like a minor problem, and I'd be hopeful, if I were you, considering they look otherwise healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
I can see a little bit on one or two leaf edges.
It seems consistent with slight overwatering.
Cut off these leaves (but no more) and let us know your watering regime, please.
Looks at this stage like a minor problem, and I'd be hopeful, if I were you, considering they look otherwise healthy.
I was watering them everyday and then I stopped watering everyday and went to every other day since I saw the leaves and stuff, I knew something was wrong. I am also going to replant them all into bigger containers

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my favorite herbs to grow is Mint. I love the way it tastes in my water (and I heard it helps detoxify you!). This being said I notice a lot of my mint plants’ stems dry up and die pretty easily. I water them and keep them in the sunlight. What am I doing wrong? I also heard Mint is a weed and will spread very fast if planted in a large space. Therefore, I don’t know what mine are so quick to die.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
One of my favorite herbs to grow is Mint. I love the way it tastes in my water (and I heard it helps detoxify you!). This being said I notice a lot of my mint plants’ stems dry up and die pretty easily. I water them and keep them in the sunlight. What am I doing wrong? I also heard Mint is a weed and will spread very fast if planted in a large space. Therefore, I don’t know what mine are so quick to die.

How often do you water, are they inside or out, and what is your USDA zone? Knowing your USDA zone (or more specific location) is critical to being able to give fully-informed advice, especially with outdoor plants but indoor ones too.
I have mint outdoors, both in containers and just growing wild (it's intregrated into the lawn now) and it comes up every year and I never, ever water it. I don't think I could eradicate it at this point if I wanted to!
As @headfullofbees indicated, overwatering may be the culprit and is probably the number one mistake gardeners make.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
How often do you water, are they inside or out, and what is your USDA zone? Knowing your USDA zone (or more specific location) is critical to being able to give fully-informed advice, especially with outdoor plants but indoor ones too.
I have mint outdoors, both in containers and just growing wild (it's intregrated into the lawn now) and it comes up every year and I never, ever water it. I don't think I could eradicate it at this point if I wanted to!
As @headfullofbees indicated, overwatering may be the culprit and is probably the number one mistake gardeners make.
Mine are indoors and I am not sure on the zone, i have started watching every other day

Ask a Question