Help me in identifying these weird pests on my lemon plant

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I came across a video on youtube and thought of this thread. Are they potentially squash bugs? Looking at the photos makes my skin crawl!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting. Below is another clearer pic I found online. The best one I could find.
I'll keep an open mind about those first pics from the OP, but they still look strangely distorted. Also, those nymphs aren't exactly matching the nymphs the American Squash Bug (Anasa tristis), but of course it could be a different species.
57676_medium.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I came across a video on youtube and thought of this thread. Are they potentially squash bugs? Looking at the photos makes my skin crawl!

Yes, they are. Those strange looking stick like bugs shown next to the eggs will turn into either those gray colored insects shown in the pics or into an orange colored insect with black legs which in turn will turn into either a squash bug or a leaf footed stink bug, at least here in the US they will. But, since the OP is in India and you are from Australia I am not familiar with your varieties of this insect but they are a form of stink bug or squash bug.

Ask a Question