Please help identifying this cucumber plant pest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Hi,
I've looked up possible pests on cucumber plants, but could not easily find similar damage patterns. Image "cuce1" has the only possible suspect I found, is that the one ?
If "yes" should I just hand pick as I find or is there something else to be done ?
If "no", what is the pest I should be looking after ?

Thank you.

Attachments

• cuce0.jpg
    cuce0.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 67
  • cuce1.jpg
    cuce1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 64
  • cuce2.jpg
    cuce2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That looks like an Oriental beetle. I have so many of those and Japanese bottles at my house this year. They are in the grass, trees, garden and pool. There is an app for apple called Picture Insect and you take a picture of any insect and it tells you what it is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Thank you, @amandab0419 , have you tried managing these pests ? I've looked up on ways now, I wonder if there's a method that worked for you ?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I've read that neem seed oil can help mitigating those and possibly other pests, I may opt for that as it's considered organic treatment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Update:
I've purchased the Neem seed oil, mixed according to instructions and sprayed onto the leafs. It has been raining here, basically nonstop since the beginning of July, so application was done not more than twice (what's the point, the rain will wash it off).

The best I could say is - the spots and damage on the leafs did not become any worse, and on the young cucumber plant which was already being attacked - new and good looking leafs grew and so far - they seem to be damage free.

I would consider the treatment anywhere between "somewhat successful" and "successful". I would certainly keep this oil in my "go to" treatments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Another worthwhile note would be - as a protective measure I sprayed the zucchini and summer squash plants - which were not infected, and they still seem to be completely pest or disease free so far.

Ask a Question