Help Irrigation Sprinkler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am very new to gardening homeowner. I recently put in a patio behind my house that is a large wide rectangle. I had a landscaper put in plantings around the patio (left back right and front of patio). These include hydrangas, rhododendrons, variagated lariopes, salvia, blue fescue and skip laurels.

I do not have a sprinkler system and am learning that watering by hand does not work. Is there a recommended above ground (want to save money) sprinkler or drip system that i can use and put on a timer.

Again i am very new to this was already told that hydrangas are wilting due to lack of water.

am located in NJ USA

thank you so much for help!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There are automatic timers you can buy that hook up to your outdoor faucet. Then just hook up your hose and sprinkler and your set. I think they are around $40 at Lowe's or home Depot type places.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just because everything is going that way I would check out a google home or alexa switched timer because the phone apps are getting ubiquitous, but a simple timer works also.
Screenshot_20190704-233052.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm guessing that you aren't watering enough. I have a drip system but seldom use it. I can put as much water on a plant in 1 minute then the drip system can put on in an hour. I would say to take off the hose nozzle and water the hydrangea for about two minutes twice a week. The problem with sprinklers is that they get the leaves wet and a lot of plants don't like that.

Ask a Question