Hello

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's nice to welcome you to the forums, and although we come from all over the globe, with different weather conditions and seasons, I'm sure you will be able to glean some information here. What are you hoping to grow, and how much space do you have to grow it?
One thing is for sure, there is no happier pastime than gardening in my opinion, so I hope you get really hooked on it :)

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I plan on growing some herbs first to help with ailments. I am currently living at an apartment so I don't have much space.
Thank you for the welcome:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan on growing some herbs first to help with ailments. I am currently living at an apartment so I don't have much space.
Thank you for the welcome:)
Well that is a very good choice, as you will enjoy using them in your cooking, and get the feel of growing something at the same time. Rosemary, and Lavender love the sunshine, as do so many other herbs. Have you got a veranda or sunny window ledge?

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Yes I have a veranda. I actually propagated rosemary earlier this morning. So I'm looking forward to the progress. I plan on buying Lavender. I learnt that it's better to propagate Lavender than to germinate it from seed.
I'm looking into Chamomile plants as well.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Lavender does indeed propagate well. It tends to get a bit 'leggy' and can be cut back hard after it has flowered, that gives it time to put on some new growth before winter in England, not sure about it in JA. Pruning people's lavenders gave me lots of cuttings and I have a nice little hedge of them along the front of a vegetable bed. Strangely everybody I did t for told me it was a 'Genuine Hidcote, quite expensive' yet I have at least three different types of lavender :)

Ask a Question