Hello from the UK

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is Jon and I am from Birmingham in the UK, new to the forum here but not new to the gardening game. I have a smallish garden at my home which I try to cram as much in as possible. I have rally a typical cottage garden theme running throughout. I guess really you could say it is a bit of a mish mash of allsorts. I grow all my own plants now and it is very rare that I buy anything, If I do then it is usually from seed. I also run a website where I show photos from my garden

Attachments

• SKU0139.jpg
    SKU0139.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 298
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, I love a mish mash cottage garden, I also grow my own plants now from seeds and cuttings. I cram as much as I can into a flower bed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Welcome, Jon,

That's a lovely photo. (y)

We, also, only propagate from our garden but my wife does it on a rather large scale as we sell them for charity when we open our garden. Ours is a fairly large garden and we have all styles of plantings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! Great to have you here (y) If you become a regular member then I'd be happy for you to share a link for your website :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
I grow lots and sell at local Car Boot sales to make money to buy more things for the garden, as we all know that pots and trays can be expensive. I would love to have a bigger garden so i could do more, but I think we all wish that.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Hello there, Jon! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! How interesting! So you grow most of your plants from seed? I must admit that growing things from seed has always been my weakness, I hope you can share with us your method ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, Jon! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! How interesting! So you grow most of your plants from seed? I must admit that growing things from seed has always been my weakness, I hope you can share with us your method ;)

Well to be honest it was in the beginning trial and error, I used to have varied success and to a degree it is still the same. Some years one thing will grow really well and the next year i get just a few .... Obviously it is easier for the bulk growers to do it as they have the perfect conditions and have people working most days of the week. There is lots of information on my website and I also have a growing from seed guide on there which is 20 pages long and contains a step by step process in text and pictures. If I have never grown anything before I will google it to see what different people recommend, but generally i will do my own thing. My homepage is listed on my profile

Ask a Question