Hello from Seattle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've never been a serious gardener, but I'm trying to get better! My main interests are herbs and carnivorous plants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, welcome to the forum, suggest you try the 'search' function top right for your main interests, but I find plenty of interest in general reading about things I may never grow as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Probably basil, though I can only grow it part of the year. I like rosemary a lot and it thrives up here though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Probably basil, though I can only grow it part of the year. I like rosemary a lot and it thrives up here though.
Everything went ballistic this year. Our basil went crazy. I've been giving the neighbors armloads of it (literally armfuls) and every time I cut it down it comes right back. It is still going strong! Hate to kill it off and waste it, but we are fully stocked on dried and frozen basil now. I'm basically just letting it grow now for fresh herb and supplying the rest of the street - and family - and anyone who will take it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Mine did very well too. I should have dehydrated some!

How well does it freeze? Any special tricks I need to know for that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ice cube tray. Pack in whole leaves or chopped in usable quantities, add a little water to cover. Long as they get cooked, you can't tell the difference. Be kinda limp and mushy if you tried to use them as fresh. For dried, I just tie up bundles and hang them in the garage, then strip the leaves off when they are dry. Don't do it in the house unless you want the whole place to smell like basil!

Ask a Question