Have you ever taken a gardening course?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have never enrolled in any gardening course. I have learned about gardening from my mother who likes gardening very much. I also do research online to know more about fertilisers that I am supposed to add to my garden. I hope to join a free online course like the one you have just quoted.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never taken a course either but I love reading gardening magazines, books and tips online. I would definitely take the free course. I feel like if I google a lot of my questions I can find answers.
I know there is one local agriculture school in my area that would offer gardening classes but other then that I don't know many schools that do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
No I have not, want to one day. All that have been given are in the daytime M-F when I have to work. Come the weekend I need to be in my gardens. My ego says, I am not sure at this point there is much they can teach me unless I find an advance class. And learning the long names of plants to me is not learning gardening. I also prefer reading garden mags, with a nice glass of wine sitting in my gazebo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Frankly, I am not that interested in gardening as to enrol in a course. My husband is the real gardener in the house and you can say I am just a kibitzer particularly interested in the harvest only. But don't get me wrong, I am also concerned with the growth of the plants because I love the plants. I just have no aptitude in gardening and I also admit that I have no green thumb so I don't meddle with the soil.

Reaction score
This sounds great, but right now I am thinking of inscribing myself in a Dutch course, more expensive daily band really time consuming :( I don't do it for pleasure though :p I've never taken a gardening course, but it sounds like a great idea. I might take one once I am done learning Dutch and have some time off :) I'd love to learn more about gardening and growing edibles! There is so much I don't know!

Reaction score
I have never taken a gardening course. All I knew I inherited my love and experience for gardening from my mother who had thought me how and who had made wonders in our family garden. But maybe if you are planning to have a big garden and a landscape it is just right to take a gardening course for more knowledge and understanding about gardening and this can be very useful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have never taken a gardening course before, I learned from my parents, books, Youtube videos, podcasts, and just old fashion trial and error. However, I've always wanted to take a Master Gardener program to expand on my knowledge and to network with other gardeners. Thanks for sharing this info, I'll check it out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
Thank you for the link. This inspired me to look for more information regarding gardening courses online.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I must say I'd never thought of doing a course as I assumed that would only be if I wanted to take on gardening professionally. But I see that's not so. I'm sure it would be very interesting and helpful.
I've learnt by asking my gardening friends lots of questions, visiting open gardens, nurseries, gardening books (bought very cheap at opportunity shops), magazenes, googling and of course by my own mistakes and successes. Sometimes I remember the names of plants but I do leave the tags on the plants until they are illegible to remind me. Considering 5 years ago I didn't know the difference between a perennial and an evergreen I think I'm doing quite well. Lots of taking notes, googling, questions, enthusiasm and hard work makes for a lot of satisfaction and pleasure. I love to look at gardening mags too Esther and I love to sit on my deck with a cuppa until the suns is over the yard arm and then a wine is a wonderful accompaniment to a gardening magazene. Ultimate relaxation:p:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Not really but it's on the bucket list, when I'm much older I think I might take classes as a hobby. I learned gardening from my mother and grandmother and everything since then I've just been feeling around for in my garden or else I watch youtube videos. I learned a lot about indoor gardening from online videos and blogs I don't really innovate in my garden so it's a real change.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, I registered, did you?
@CanadianLori, the link for the free class is still active, so I'm curious... how would you rate the class? Was it worth your time? Worth the price of admission? ;)

I'm thinking I might just sign up. If I learn one thing, I'd consider it worth it. Free is cheap at twice the price!! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I learned about gardening from online free courses. This has helped me to know more about new gardening techniques. I have also enlightened myself about new ways of controlling weeds and diseases. I am planning to attend seminars by agricultural officers because I want to get new crop varieties which are resistant to pests and diseases.

Ask a Question