Has anyone used or own a battery powered tiller/cultivator?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My grandfather had a gasoline powered rototiller too. He knew how to fix almost anything, and loved making things. He also grew a garden to feed himself and my grandmother. My grandmother had boxes and boxes of canning recipes, and she preserved everything they didn't eat immediately. I used to go out into their garden and eat seven or eight raw leeks per trip. My grandpa thought they had a massive gopher infestation or something until he smelled me coming into the house one day...

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
My experience:
1) Mantis gas is basically a piece of junk. Mine didn't last one season...the air intake is way too low and sucks in dirt resulting in blown engine. Poor design. Not recommended.
2) The Black and Decker cultivator (battery powered) recommended on here is basically useless for weeds. Not recommended.
3) Recommended: 4 cycle engines w/adequate hp, never, ever use ethanol fuels in them and always use fresh gas or treated gas. They last a long time, easy to start, very effective, and very efficient.

Ask a Question