Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
If this is what I'm told it's gonna be huuuuge!!!:eek:
rps20160831_081036.jpg
rps20160918_143820.jpg
rps20160921_093128.jpg

Does it look like a Gymea Lily to you guys? It's actually quite exciting. Like Alice in Wonderland :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a beautiful plant and fantastic pictures. I'm not sure what it is exactly but looking on the internet it does seem like it could be a Gymea Lily. It seems to be growing really well so it obviously likes where you have planted it.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
It looks beautiful, you definitely have a green thumb, I wish I could have a plant like that but all my attempts have been in vain. I've tried planting different species over the years but haven't succeeded more than once or twice. You gotta give me the tips as to how I can have that beautiful plant, you sure take care of it well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
On rereading my post I thought maybe I should explain that what I meant by like Alice In Wonderland was when Alice ate whatever she did and grew very tall, maybe she ate a Gymea Lily!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't seen a Gymea Lily before. It looks beautiful! I love when plants grow super fast. Watching them getting bigger is fascinating:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok, @DeborahJane, it's been 11 days and I am dying over here!! The curiosity is killing me, and since you said you'd keep us posted, I was trying to be patient. I've been pretty proud of myself for four days now!! :D

What's it doing? What's it doing?

Please tell me, how does your garden grow? ;)

:ROFLMAO: Mom always said, "MaryMary, patience is a virtue... unfortunately, it is not one of yours."

P.S. Alice ate a very small cake, with the words "EAT ME" marked on it in currants. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ironically, the taller it grows, the further away the flower will be from us in the northern hemisphere :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Ok, @DeborahJane, it's been 11 days and I am dying over here!! The curiosity is killing me, and since you said you'd keep us posted, I was trying to be patient. I've been pretty proud of myself for four days now!! :D

What's it doing? What's it doing?

Please tell me, how does your garden grow? ;)

:ROFLMAO: Mom always said, "MaryMary, patience is a virtue... unfortunately, it is not one of yours."

P.S. Alice ate a very small cake, with the words "EAT ME" marked on it in currants. :)
Thanks so much for your interest. I rushed out, dressing gown and all, to take a photo, very excited that you are so keen. They seem to have stopped growing and about to flower. The one at the back won:LOL:. I just rushed down again with a measuring tape. The deep red one in front measuring from the ground is 82cm or 32"and the winner;) is 123cm or 4 foot.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you!! :) Very much appreciated. I can sleep tonight.

Whew, the relief. I was afraid they had bloomed in the past week, and we missed it! :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think this might be as good as it gets as far as the flowers goes. The flowers buds on the redder one are looking like they are drying up and both haven't changed in the last week. Never mind, I tell myself, they wre pretty spectacular to watch, bit like Phoenix rising from the ashes:p

Attachments

• rps20161021_041507.jpg
    rps20161021_041507.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 214
  • rps20161021_041526.jpg
    rps20161021_041526.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 211

Ask a Question