Greetings from Texas!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently purchased a house that has some well established flower beds. I am not a plant person, but am trying very hard not to kill stuff. Thankfully the house has a sprinkler system so I don't have to remember the water. Plus we are in pretty wet country (northeast Texas) We are second year vegetable gardeners. We were very successful last year. Canned for the first time and really enjoyed that. Looking forward to hearing feedback and advice from those far wiser than myself.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @pradford :) I think you might find that we are all still learning when it comes to the garden, even us very old individuals. That`s the good thing about it really - there is always something more to learn.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome, Pradford! We are fellow Texans, but in central Texas. We have visited East Texas and found it delightful.
I've found this website from A&M very helpful (not as helpful as Gardening Forum members, but helpful).
I agree, canning is a lot of fun and one knows where the veggies come from and how they were grown!

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently purchased a house that has some well established flower beds. I am not a plant person, but am trying very hard not to kill stuff. Thankfully the house has a sprinkler system so I don't have to remember the water. Plus we are in pretty wet country (northeast Texas) We are second year vegetable gardeners. We were very successful last year. Canned for the first time and really enjoyed that. Looking forward to hearing feedback and advice from those far wiser than myself.
Welcome to the forum Pradford from the Pacific Northwest!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Jamais, welcome to the forum! We are in central Texas on blackland prairie with vegetable and flower beds, and a small orchard.
Don't know how much experience you have in gardening, but feel free to share your ideas, expertise, and questions.

Reaction score
Texas, North of Dallas/Fort Worth, Zone 7
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I pass through Marlin on a semi-regular basis, on my way down Hwy6. Love that area!
i have been gardening for 2 years now, started in the spring of ‘20, like a lot of people. I have previous experience gardening with someone else, but this is my first time on my own. I put in raised rows, and using lots of straw and mulch, hoping to build soil health and fertility. I have not used pesticides, staying as close to organic as possible.
Squash bugs and aphids are somewhat a problem, but I’m picking them off and using Dr. Bronner’s diluted Castile soap spray to deter them. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• DA8EF819-44D7-4FC9-B89B-03C11CABF86C.jpeg
    DA8EF819-44D7-4FC9-B89B-03C11CABF86C.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 50DE1AF2-56D2-454F-81D6-DAA1794AB4E2.jpeg
    50DE1AF2-56D2-454F-81D6-DAA1794AB4E2.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 37
  • B197610F-E563-44E7-80A9-BB8D70100D11.jpeg
    B197610F-E563-44E7-80A9-BB8D70100D11.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 34

Ask a Question