Greetings from Texas

Reaction score
Hello! I am a amateur gardener from the state of Texas. My grandparents got me into gardening at a very young age and some of my earliest memories are picking green beans in their garden. I am a chemist by trade and my recent change to a slower paced job has allowed me to take up gardening as a hobby. Since than it has been consuming steadily more of my time (this is a good thing).

I primarily grow fast growing edibles such as tomatoes, green beans, onions, etc. However, I am trying to get into more long term things. I have added a few mitragyna speciosa specimens as they look very nice and are medicinally valuable. These haven't been too interesting as they are very slow growing and are all but impossible to kill. Insects do like to go after the leaves though. I've also been trying out some methyl jasmonate analogs on jasmine and various other things because I've been a chemist too long and can't seem to let it go.

Anyway, I hope to gain some knowledge here and chat with some interesting people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello! I am a amateur gardener from the state of Texas. My grandparents got me into gardening at a very young age and some of my earliest memories are picking green beans in their garden. I am a chemist by trade and my recent change to a slower paced job has allowed me to take up gardening as a hobby. Since than it has been consuming steadily more of my time (this is a good thing).

I primarily grow fast growing edibles such as tomatoes, green beans, onions, etc. However, I am trying to get into more long term things. I have added a few mitragyna speciosa specimens as they look very nice and are medicinally valuable. These haven't been too interesting as they are very slow growing and are all but impossible to kill. Insects do like to go after the leaves though. I've also been trying out some methyl jasmonate analogs on jasmine and various other things because I've been a chemist too long and can't seem to let it go.

Anyway, I hope to gain some knowledge here and chat with some interesting people.
I'm not a chemist but I have been growing all kinds of things for a Loooong time. Where do you live and what do you want to grow? If it is edible I can help, if not, sorry.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, welcome aboard! Great to have you here :)

Reaction score
Hi there, it's nice to meet you. That is great that your grandparents fueled your interest in gardening. I look forward to seeing you around the forums :)

Ask a Question