Greetings from north carolina

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

My garden isn't in yet, but I'm working on the layout and deciding on the best layout to use this year. The past two years I haven't had the time or energy to have one, but this year I'm back into it. I had pretty good success with Square Foot Gardening, so that's the direction I'm going again. I'm looking forward to getting some gardening tips in here, especially for SFG and container gardens, and hopefully I'll have some to share, too!

Trace

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Trace, welcome to the forums - glad you've joined us :D.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! Where abouts in the the world are you?

Reaction score
Welcome. I love the magic of watching my garden grow. Congrats getting back to it. I am trying a little more organized square foot garden this year. In the past I have just planted where I could and crossed my fingers.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome aboard! Where abouts in the the world are you?

Thank you! I'm in the US, in North Carolina. Our weather has been so bizarre this year that many of us locally are just a little skittish about getting gardens in.

Reaction score
Welcome. I love the magic of watching my garden grow. Congrats getting back to it. I am trying a little more organized square foot garden this year. In the past I have just planted where I could and crossed my fingers.

The year I switched to Square Foot gardening was coincidentally the year I discovered the reason for the previous garden's poor performance: Location! What looked like a full sun area during the winter when I planned the garden's location turned out to be only a four-hour sun location. This year, I'll use the more recent section (which incidentally is closer to the house and less likely to fall prey to deer and rabbits), as well as do a few boxes sections in the front, probably in raised beds. Good luck with yours!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love the square foot gardening it is much easier to tend too .I know tman on here has done that on a big scale format .

Reaction score
My tiny yard has 5 SFG areas that all get different levels of sun. I just make sure I am planning out what I put in each box by the needs of the plants. I hope this year to have the best garden year ever.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Trace we move back to Cary North Carolina tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hi there, it's nice to meet you! I'm hoping to find many useful gardening tips as well. See you around the forums :)

Ask a Question