Greenhouse is up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Very nice! I agree, it looked really small in this picture but on your blog it appears to be much more spacious on the inside. I would love something like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Its the perfect size for the garden space I have to work with. I can start my seeds, protect any starts I buy until I can plant them, keep some supplies out of the elements etc. It has no wasted space. Of course I'd love something bigger and more permanent, but its alot more expensive and would never be full so right now it wouldn't be practical.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
5085624_orig.jpg

I really do have a lot of room to play with inside

Reaction score
50 dollars is a great price for that greenhouse. I might have to check Menards out for some garden goodies. It looks like you have your greenhouse nice and cozy. I love it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
was a great deal. I have a student who works at menards and he says if they have any left after mother's day/mid may they should go on clearance and be an even better deal. If they do I'll probably pick up a spare and get 1 as a gift

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
5085624_orig.jpg

I really do have a lot of room to play with inside
It looks so pretty and tidy! Bandit26, I love your greenhouse:D And you really have a lot of space in it. I dream of a place like this for my plants. My window sill is too small. I'm wondering if my parents will let me build a greenhouse like this in their garden. It would be lovely:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Since its portable and can be folded down and put away they might let you put up something similar. When you are doing with it it can go away like it was never even there. I just have the black weed cloth as the main floor and an old yoga mat rolled out where I stand the most. The idea was if I didnt like it or get enough use out of it everything could be taken away and I'd have a new bed ready to build and plant in its footprint

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It was a great deal and its working wonderfully. Actually going to add another raised bed to be able to plant all the seedlings. I had better success than I thought I would and now need someplace to grow them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Just a quick update. Greenhouse has been up for about 3 months now and I love it. Its weathered several big storms with 40mph+ winds with only one small tear and a piece of duct tape easily fixed that. All the plants I started inside are doing great. Currently its housing my garden tools/supplies, patio cushions and firewood with enough room left for a small chair. Sudden heavy rains came in yesterday and my husband and I hid out in there for while. He finally had to admit he's impressed with it (was the first time he was actually inside of it). Still need to add a gravel floor to it, but that will be an early fall project. The plan now is to just leave it up over winter and see what happens, but I'll probably pick up another as a spare in case it doesn't survive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
4 months later and I'm still really happy with my greenhouse. No more rips and only "damage" is that one of the straps that goes over the door broke (it helps pull it together so its easier to zip) I'm going to leave it up all winter and see what happens.

As much as I love it once winter is over it will come down (if its still standing) and hopefully go to a new home. I plan to replace it with a much bigger version (9x9) that has 2 doors and 6 screened windows. The idea will be for it to function as both a greenhouse and then later in the season a 3 season room/screen porch which I've always wanted.

Also the new raised bed next year will be made out of planter boxes so everything can start in the greenhouse and move outside when the time is right. Hope to get a real jump on the season. And I found the boxes at 80% off so its worth the experiment

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
snowfeb15.jpg

its been up 11 months and just had 18 inches of snow dumped on it. All of it slid right off. Was considering upgrading it to something larger this year but if the zippers are ok in the spring I think I'll keep it another year

Ask a Question