New greenhouse project

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, new to gardening the last few years or so. I'm a teacher, and my classroom is attached to a greenhouse. I was able to get a $5,000 grant and would like some ideas on lighting, heating, fans, irrigation, etc. I would also like to possibly design and build a rain barrel with the kids and start a compost bin as well. I have ambitious plans, and realize it is a large project to manage. I'm looking for some ideas of things to do and crops to grow in a moderately sized greenhouse with 200 9th graders. I live in Philadelphia, which seems to be in zone 6. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @ssmike13! Sounds like a fantastic project for the kids, I bet they'll really enjoy it. I don't have any personal experience with greenhouse gardening but hopefully some of the others here will be able to help (y)

Ask a Question