Green Chilli Plant

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hand pollinating is a waste of energy.
Shake the plant once a day.
Stop immediately what you're feeding with and replace with seaweed-based tomato feed.
Water no more than twice a week.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hand pollinating is a waste of energy.
Shake the plant once a day.
Stop immediately what you're feeding with and replace with seaweed-based tomato feed.
Water no more than twice a week.
Each to there own I willing to hand pollinate as it takes so much effort (not) and I’m not into shaking my chilli plants bad advise and only watering is surely subject to weather conditions !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Each to there own I willing to hand pollinate as it takes so much effort (not) and I’m not into shaking my chilli plants bad advise and only watering is surely subject to weather conditions !
If it was a matter of opinion, I'd agree with you.
I'm not even suggesting that you stop doing what you want.
I do think though, that when you advise others, it is right and fair that I point out if it is unnecessary, as others, who may be very busy, may be put off growing them if they believe they have to spend large amounts of time hand-pollinating the flowers, when a five-second shake will both remove the flowers which are not viable, and pollinate those that are.

S68

Reaction score
Country
United States
IF your plant is not making blooms it is probably one of three things. The first being that the plant is too young. The second is that your soil doesn't have enough phosphorous, the P in NPK, and the third is the variety of pepper.
If the NPK you are using has a high N number that can lead to a LOT of foliage and few fruits also.
How much time does the chilly plant take to flower? I had sown seeds in May but still there are no flowers but plenty of foilage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How much time does the chilly plant take to flower? I had sown seeds in May but still there are no flowers but plenty of foilage.
If you sowed the seeds in May it will take about a month to reach transplant size. Then it will take, depending on the variety, at least another month probably 2 months or more before it starts to make buds. The hotter the pepper the longer it takes. Be patient

S68

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay. I hope my patience gives positive results. Thankyou.

Ask a Question