Green Chilli Plant

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello,
My chilli plant is having lush of stems and leaves but rare fruit. Could anyone plz tell how to get plenty of Chillies instead of leaves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IF your plant is not making blooms it is probably one of three things. The first being that the plant is too young. The second is that your soil doesn't have enough phosphorous, the P in NPK, and the third is the variety of pepper.
If the NPK you are using has a high N number that can lead to a LOT of foliage and few fruits also.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Initially it had enough blooms but gradually the number decreased. Now the plant is going viral in terms of growth but blooms are almost none.
is there any devited source of phosphorous?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Ireland
How did the number of flowers reduce? Did they drop off?

Which variety of chilli plant is it? Usually the spicier ones have a very long growing season and will be mostly green and bushy until towards the later side of the season.

What's the ratio of the fertiliser? Anything too high in nitrogen will make them grow crazy fast but will struggle to produce fruit.

Is there any yellowing in the leaves?

Did you top off the plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Ireland
Also, just a guess. But do you have your plant covered with anything or in a greenhouse? Flowers will usually drop off if the flower isn't pollinated - this is normally done by insects but can be done by hand too.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The variety is spicier and shape is thin. I dnt know exactly the ratio of NPK but I apply about 10 tiny particles to the plant after 20 days, approximately.
There is no covering over the plant.
Very few of the leaves go yellow which I cut off, manually.
Some of the blooms dropped without any visible reason. Yet now there are no blooms, anymore.
I am thinking to hard prune the plant, should I?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The variety is spicier and shape is thin. I dnt know exactly the ratio of NPK but I apply about 10 tiny particles to the plant after 20 days, approximately.
There is no covering over the plant.
Very few of the leaves go yellow which I cut off, manually.
Some of the blooms dropped without any visible reason. Yet now there are no blooms, anymore.
I am thinking to hard prune the plant, should I?
Just what is this NPK stuff you only use 10 tiny particles of?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My chilli plant is having lush of stems and leaves but rare fruit. Could anyone plz tell how to get plenty of Chillies instead of leaves.
You could also try hand pollinating use a cotton wool bud and tickle the inside of the flowers I use and old Electric toothbrush with soft bristles Works well for me :)

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well it is right I better purchase a fresh NPK having a high ratio of "P" and least that of "N".
Thanks.

Ask a Question