Gorilla Cart

Reaction score
Country
United States
My old 10 cu ft. Wheel Barrel had been on its last legs for the past year or so & finally died. I've been looking at the Gorilla Dump Carts for over a year as a good replacement and finally pulled the trigger purchasing one the other day. I bought the 7 cu ft on year end clearance at a local big box store. Assembly was easy. So far it seems like very nice cart for yard & garden usage, but I think I would've preferred the larger 10 cu ft model.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GORILLA CART?

Your comments, experiences, hacks???

Gorilla Cart 70%.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
John, the weak point on these is the pivot where your handle meets the frame. All the pressure is going through one bolt. Keep that area well greased and check that the nut is tight before each use. Other than that point, the cart will last for years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My old 10 cu ft. Wheel Barrel had been on its last legs for the past year or so & finally died. I've been looking at the Gorilla Dump Carts for over a year as a good replacement and finally pulled the trigger purchasing one the other day. I bought the 7 cu ft on year end clearance at a local big box store. Assembly was easy. So far it seems like very nice cart for yard & garden usage, but I think I would've preferred the larger 10 cu ft model.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GORILLA CART?

Your comments, experiences, hacks???

View attachment 59459
No but I like your size choice. A larger cart will get awfully heavy. I do have a hack. I have a resin dump cart for the riding mower, and have had others. The resin stretches, especially in our heat. The designs are usually for compression. What happens to me is the bed mounting bolts pull through. My hack has been to get VERY large washers and improve the pinch of the mounting bolt heads. I have also been able to fold the sides of the carts. I have stiffened them with angle metal.

Last edited:

Ask a Question