A good garden cart...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have had this one almost 20 years. It gets thrashed on a regular basis. Today it was braches from a spring haircut around the yard.
IMG_20180416_181350.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this one almost 20 years. It gets thrashed on a regular basis. Today it was branches from a spring haircut around the yard.View attachment 35195

That looks Ideal for barrowing stuff over rough ground.

I've had this for over thirty years. In one of the stores I managed, there was a footwear concession which closed and they left their stock skip behind, so "I recycled" it. It has big rubber castors, but really only suitable for paths. The plastic tub comes in handy for storage. It's not used that much. I've also that orange sack track, that is very handy. It has pneumatic tyres, It was just over twenty quid from B&Q about seven years ago.

P1010281.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Dirtmechanic, your cart looks like ours! I've used it for over 40 years, and other than replacing the bolts that hold the axle on, it has had no repairs and no problems, I've hauled compost, bags of mulch, heavy pots, and lots of grass clippings and the cart and my back are still operating!
Last onion harvest.jpg

Here's a picture of my beloved garden cart, filled with an onion harvest! Did I mention that the rows around the gardens are wide enough to accommodate this cart? I couldn't do without it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I like the higher handle--it's very convenient for laying long-handled tools across (hoes, rakes, etc.) when working in the garden. Also, when the cart is full of prunings, I don't have to bend down and get poked by limbs and such..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like the higher handle--it's very convenient for laying long-handled tools across (hoes, rakes, etc.) when working in the garden. Also, when the cart is full of prunings, I don't have to bend down and get poked by limbs and such..
I don't bend so good anymore, and prefer the high handle as yours has, but if hauling compost or dirt, I prefer the lower handled one, so I can balance it better over the wheels.

Ask a Question