New Garden Cart

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My old one is beat and starting to fly apart, so I was glad to see it still for sale and for 119.00usd. I want to rebuild the old one but I do not have ready access to marine plywood. I bet I would have more in rebuilding than new. Its a weight thing, making the cart of osb or heavy plywood ruins it and its balance. The way they make this one it feels light as a kite.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
That looks excellent for those who have a lot of room and stuff to move.

I've a really big plastic hopper that sits on a tray with big castors, but don't use it much.

Our garden is quite small, but I've a sack truck which is great for moving big bags of compost and even the roses in their big ceramic pots.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@DirtMechanic that looks ace and quite handy...the nearest we get them to yours are like this one at £157-00...the others are either plastic or cloth lined.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
No idea what shipping is, but I have bought putters from the UK that were not sold here at the time. Least I could offer is an arrangement, I assure you.
Well that's good for your buyers and especially if your getting access to stuff your unable to get where you are.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well that's good for your buyers and especially if your getting access to stuff your unable to get where you are.
Brexit is the description of that constraint. They want to own you.

I have decided that I am no longer going to hear a politician who says we live in a nation of laws in favor of politicians who say we live in a nation of principles.

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one DM; your cart would look brilliant with a Shetland pony in front pulling it. :)

I have a sack cart and a wheelbarrow both of little use due to our steeply sloping site; I tried spreading an old bed sheet folded double then loading this with lots of garden debris; I dragged this down the garden and it worked so well it's now the method I use; I drag a load down to the garden bottom where I can shred it the heavier branches/logs go to a friend for her wood burner; I used to carry everything down but it was hard graft so now I let gravity work for me.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi,

Nice one DM; your cart would look brilliant with a Shetland pony in front pulling it. :)

I have a sack cart and a wheelbarrow both of little use due to our steeply sloping site; I tried spreading an old bed sheet folded double then loading this with lots of garden debris; I dragged this down the garden and it worked so well it's now the method I use; I drag a load down to the garden bottom where I can shred it the heavier branches/logs go to a friend for her wood burner; I used to carry everything down but it was hard graft so now I let gravity work for me.

Kind regards, Colin.
This is a good method using a sheet. We wear out 5x7 tarps to which we attach a rope through the eyelets for pulling leaves in the fall. The tarp is easy to roll up a pile, or reverse the rope and pull it across the pile making it dump on top of the pile. Carts cannot get on top of a pile after a certain height.

Ask a Question