Glad to Be Here!

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi All, I live in Louisiana, zone 8b. I have been a lifelong gardener since age 2. Probably didn't do much at that age, but the love was there. I had a big shock learning a new way to garden when we moved from Ohio to Louisiana almost 30 years ago. We made our garden "rows" like we always had in Ohio. Just put a stake on each end and a string running between them. The first week we got a deluge. Our new garden flooded out. Fortunately we had a nice new neighbor who came over and asked us when we were going to make our rows. We did already, see the stakes and string. Well, he meant more of a mound or raised bed. With our weather and drainage it is the only way to do it. He helped us straighten out our mess and we had a bumper crop that year. I guess you could say he was the original "forum guy". The internet wasn't even around at that point. I am looking forward to learning from others and sharing my experiences as well.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome and feel free to share the good cooking from that area!
Well, I am not sure how to link to my other answer, but I did post a yummy recipe for chayote squash, also called stuffed mirlitons in Louisiana. They are stuffed with shrimp. I think the thread was titled chayote squash. Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well, I am not sure how to link to my other answer, but I did post a yummy recipe for chayote squash, also called stuffed mirlitons in Louisiana. They are stuffed with shrimp. I think the thread was titled chayote squash. Thanks for the welcome.
I saw that thread and looked up pictures on the net. The squash looked like avacado to me and very much made me wonder how it tasted.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
smhello.gif
Welcome to the forum! :)

Ask a Question