Glad I have a sense of humor

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Gardening loves to test me at so many levels. I keep reading book after book on gardening methods. Evidently my garden isn’t reading the same books! I have prepared the soil with composted manure, rotted wood shavings and anything else around here that didn’t move. I have my irrigation system in and ready to go during the dry season. Four weeks ago I planted a row of Swiss Chard and a row of turnips. To date I have one turnip sprouting and zero Swiss chard. Three weeks ago I cleaned out a couple of crooked neck gourds I had dried for bird houses and threw the seeds over the back fence for the critters. You guessed it - there are dozens of gourd plants sprouting outside my horse fence. I think maybe I should try macrame but I would probably hang myself accidently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gardening loves to test me at so many levels. I keep reading book after book on gardening methods. Evidently my garden isn’t reading the same books! I have prepared the soil with composted manure, rotted wood shavings and anything else around here that didn’t move. I have my irrigation system in and ready to go during the dry season. Four weeks ago I planted a row of Swiss Chard and a row of turnips. To date I have one turnip sprouting and zero Swiss chard. Three weeks ago I cleaned out a couple of crooked neck gourds I had dried for bird houses and threw the seeds over the back fence for the critters. You guessed it - there are dozens of gourd plants sprouting outside my horse fence. I think maybe I should try macrame but I would probably hang myself accidently.
Hahahaha.......Read this and had a deja vu moment......

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You should never chuck your gourd, squash seeds or you will end up having a gourd/squash bootsale! Sometimes, we all laugh at ourselves, success or failures .. Look at the funny side of life makes life much more interesting and fun!

Er.. What was I talking about?!

Ask a Question